This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Horā (Sanskrit होरा, "hour", from the word ahorātra  ) is a branch of the traditional Indian system of astrology known as Jyotiṣa. It deals with the finer points of predictive methods, as distinct from Siddhānta (astronomy proper) and Saṃhita (mundane astrology).
The various aspects of hora are:
- Jātaka Shāstra / Hora Shāstra (Natal astrology / horoscopy): Prediction based on individual horoscope.
- Muhurta or Muhurtha (Electional astrology): Selection of beneficial time to initiate an activity to get maximum fruition from the life activities.
- Swara Shāstra (Phonetical astrology): Predictions based on name & sounds.
- Prashna (Horary astrology): Predictions based on time when a question is asked by querent / querist.
- Ankjyotish / Kabala (Numerology): A branch of astrology based on numbers.
- Nadi Astrology: An ancient treatise having detailed predictions for individuals.
- Tajika Shāstra / Varsha Phal (Annual Horoscopy): Astrology based on annual solar returns.
- Jaimini Sutras: A non-conventional method of timing of events used by Indian astrologer Acharya Jaimini.
- Nastjātakam (Lost Horoscopy): Art of tracing / construction of lost horoscopes.
- Streejātaka (female astrology): A special branch of astrology dealing with female nativities.
- Graha Samudriki (Astro-Palmistry): Palm reading as horoscope.
- Hasta Rekha / Samudrika Shāstra (Palmistry): Based on palm reading.
- Padatala Shāstra (Plantarology): Based on reading of lines & signs on the sole.
- Shakuna Shāstra (Omens): Predictions based on omens & portents.
- Swapna Vidya : Interpretation of dreams.
- Kapala Vidya (Phrenology)
- Ākriti Vidya (Physiognomy): Based on structure & moles on the body.
- Kerala Jyotisha: Predictions based on querrist reply regarding name of flower or colour or touching part of body.
- Remedial Astrology: Various modes of propitiation of planets based on planetary positions in nativity, transits, elections & for religious functions.
- Monier-Williams, A Sanskrit English Dictionary
- The Bṛhat Parāśara Horāśāstra etymologizes the word as ahorātra with the first and last syllables dropped (BPHS.4.1-2)
3* Brahmasri Melanathuru Venkata Subrahmanyam - Vedic Astrology and Vastu Sastra (Author : Maya Matham Simplified) - Mantra, Tantra and Yantra Sastra- Sri Vidya Upasaka - 98491 20534 / mvsmvs9@ yahoo.com