The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (July 2017)
|Industry||Musical instruments manufacturing|
|Products||violins & violas, cellos, double basses, acoustic, resonator & classical guitars, mandolins, balalaikas, hammer dulcimers, panflutes, musical instrument cases|
S.C. Hora S.A. (trade name: Hora Instruments) is a Romanian manufacturer of string instruments. The company, based in Reghin, was founded in 1951 around the workshop of master luthier Roman Boianciuc as a state-owned enterprise.
Over 80% of its products are exported to North America, Western and Northern Europe, Russia and Japan. HORA uses as raw materials spruce and maple wood from the Romanian Carpathians seasoned naturally for 5–10 years, as well as imported exotic wood like mahogany, Indian rosewood and ebony.
The company employs about 300 people (2017) and is the largest stringed instrument manufacturer in Europe.
Hora owns and operates the "Rapsodia" musical instruments shop in Bucharest, founded in 1999.
Quality policies and standards
- Official website
- "Fire destroys 4,000 violins in Romanian musical instrument factory". thestrad.com. 2017-01-17. Retrieved 2017-01-17.
- "Reghinul este capitala nedeclarata a lutierilor" (in Romanian). Capital.ro. 1999-09-23. Retrieved 2017-01-17.
- Romanian luthiers
- Bow makers
- Classical guitar makers
- Design companies established in 1951
- Guitar manufacturing companies
- Musical instrument manufacturing companies of Romania
- Companies of Mureș County
- Romanian brands
- Manufacturing companies established in 1951
- 1951 establishments in Romania
- Romanian company stubs