|Motto||The Global Visions Community|
|Type||Nonprofit Think tank|
Horasis is an independent, international think tank, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland. Founded in 2005, by Frank-Jürgen Richter, former director of the World Economic Forum, Horasis is dedicated to the innovation and development of sustainable emerging markets. The annual Horasis Global Meeting in Cascais, Portugal, is a gathering of business people with government officials, scientists and intellectuals centered on issues concerning corporations and societies.
Horasis provides a platform for cooperation and knowledge-sharing, particularly between developed countries and emerging markets. The community works principally through partnerships with corporations, governments and international organizations, often serving as an incubator for new initiatives.These meetings rotate amongst host countries which stage the events; selected corporations supplement speeches and presentations about actual topics.
Horasis meetings are usually held in a host country outside the geographic location of the 'in-focus' nation. The events are a means for the countries 'in focus' as guests (China, India, and South East Asia) to promote relations with the world and to display soft power through co-option and cooperation. The meetings are also a platform for the host country to engage in policy dialogue with the guest countries.
Business Leaders of the Year
Horasis awards the "Business Leaders of the Year" award for entrepreneurs who have been building and leading successful global firms. The award was first given in 2006. The award ceremonies take place at the regional meetings.
The annual Horasis Global Meeting is a gathering of business people with government officials, scientists and intellectuals. Around 500 participants from 70 countries gather every year to discuss issues concerning corporations and societies. Issues such as economic growth, innovation, migration and inequality usually figure in the debates.
Horasis holds the Horasis China Meeting, the Horasis India Meeting and the Horasis Asia Meeting on an annual basis. In 2017, the Horasis China Meeting was for the first time held in Sheffield, UK, and was attended by more than 300 Chinese business people, including representatives from state-owned companies, investment funds and private firms, as well as their British counterparts. The international Horasis India Meeting is attended by hundreds of business people and politicians from India and around the world. The Horasis Asia Meeting in 2017 was co-hosted by the Government of West Bengal and the Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
- "Indian companies to benefit from EU crisis: Expert - CNBC-TV18". Moneycontrol.com. 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2013-07-17.
- Tom Redburn. "Enthusiasm Temepered With Concern, About Business in India". The New York Times. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- Cave, Andrew. "Horasis Is No Davos But Does The World Need Another Fat Cat Boondoggle?". Forbes. Retrieved 10 April 2019.
- "Article: Emerging markets to the fore". Businesstoday.co.om. Archived from the original on 2012-03-14. Retrieved 2013-07-17.
- "Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism - Archived Speeches/Articles/Interviews - Global Russia Business Meeting, address by Minister of Commerce". Mcit.gov.cy. 2011-04-11. Retrieved 2013-07-17.
- "The Bank of Cyprus at the Global Russia Business Meeting - Bank of Cyprus Country Cyprus". Bankofcyprus.com.cy. 2011-04-18. Retrieved 2013-07-17.
- "Global China Business Meeting by PwC PwC Luxembourg". Pwc.com. 2010-11-22. Retrieved 2013-07-17.
- "Jean-Claude Juncker, Discours à l'occasion du Global China Business Meeting, Luxembourg". Gouvernement.lu. 2010-11-22. Archived from the original on 2012-03-23. Retrieved 2013-07-17.
- "Gunjan Sinha to participate in the Horasis Summit in Naples, Italy – Press Release". Metricstream.com. Retrieved 2013-07-17.
- Richter, Frank-Jurgen. "The Western Order Is About to Be Upended, Unless Leaders Listen to the Middle Class". agency Newsweek. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Horasis Chairman on Global Meeting, China, Trade". Bloomberg Markets. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Horasis Chairman Frank-Jürgen Richter talks to BBC". BBC World Service. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Global gains, local losses? Frank-Jurgen Richter, chairman of Horasis". RT — Worlds Apart. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- Horasis.org. "News :: Business Leader of the Year". Horasis.org. Retrieved 2013-07-17.
- "Roland Berger Strategy Consultants and Horasis Award "Arab Business Leaders of the Year 2010"". Benzinga. 2010-09-27. Retrieved 2013-07-17.
- "Horasis :Global China Business Meeting" (PDF). Horasis.org. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Big names descending on Liverpool for IFB2016". Insider Media Ltd. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- "Investimento. 200 mil milhões à caçaem Lisboa". Dinheiro Vivo. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- "Rota do futuro global passapor Cascais". Jornal SOL. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- "Forum participants confident about future of Chinese economy". Xinhua News Agency. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- "Chinese wowed by Sheffield's huge potential". The Star. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- "Speech by Minister of State of External Affairs on "Portugal and India - Forging a New Growth Partnership" at the Horasis India Meeting, Cascais (July 03, 2016)". Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- "Mandalay Chief Minister calls for foreign investment in India meet". Mizzima. Retrieved 27 November 2017.
- "Digital India: 'Digital companies taking control over global economy a concern'". The Economic Times. Retrieved 27 November 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Horasis.|