Horasis holds invitation-only meetings of global business leaders with a regional focus in China, India, Russia and the Middle East. Horasis has been dubbed "a kind of junior league World Economic Forum for the emerging market set" by The New York Times. In addition to the regional-focused meetings, Horasis holds the Horasis Global Meeting, and hosts private events for the Horasis Visionary Circle, a peer-to-peer group of entrepreneurs.
Role and Mission
Horasis' stated mission is to "enact visions for a sustainable future" through new platforms for cooperation and knowledge-sharing, particularly between developed countries and emerging markets. The community works principally through partnerships with corporations, governments and international organizations, often serving as an incubator for new initiatives. These meetings rotate amongst host countries stage the events;  selected corporations supplement speeches and presentations about actual topics.
Horasis meetings are usually held outside the respective geographic location of the 'in-focus' nation - in a host country. The events are a means for the countries 'in focus' as guests (China, India, Russia and the Arab world) to promote benign relations with the world and to display soft power through co-option and cooperation. The meetings are also a platform for the respective host country to engage in a policy dialogue with the guest countries.
Horasis also serves as a think tank and publishes a wide range of reports which distil the outcomes and observations that emerged from the meetings. Furthermore, Horasis contributes op-eds to the international press.
Business Leaders of the Year
Horasis awards 'Business Leaders of the Year' - outstanding entrepreneurs who have been building and leading successful global firms of Chinese, Indian, Russian or Arab origin. The award was first given in 2006. Notable recipients include: M. A. Yousuf Ali, Managing Director, Emke Group; Natalya Kaspersky, co-founder, Kaspersky Lab; Rahul Bajaj, Chairman, Bajaj Auto; Vladimir Yevtushenkov, Chairman, Sistema; Fu Chengyu, Chairman, Sinopec; Sanjiv Goenka, Chairman, RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group,;Guo Guangchang, Chairman, Fosun; Li Ruogu, Chairman, China Eximbank; H.E. Mohammad Omran Alshamsi, Chairman, Etisalat; Rajan Mittal, Vice Chairman and Managing Director, Bharti Enterprises; and Malvinder Mohan Singh, Chairman, Fortis Healthcare.
- Aspen Institute
- Boao Forum for Asia
- Clinton Global Initiative
- Milken Institute
- St. Petersburg International Economic Forum
- TED (conference)
- The Conference Board
- World Economic Forum
- World Knowledge Forum
- "Indian companies to benefit from EU crisis: Expert - CNBC-TV18". Moneycontrol.com. 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2013-07-17.
- Tom Redburn. "Enthusiasm Temepered With Concern, About Business in India". The New York Times. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Article: Emerging markets to the fore". Businesstoday.co.om. Archived from the original on 2012-03-14. Retrieved 2013-07-17.
- "Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism - Archived Speeches/Articles/Interviews - Global Russia Business Meeting, address by Minister of Commerce". Mcit.gov.cy. 2011-04-11. Retrieved 2013-07-17.
- "The Bank of Cyprus at the Global Russia Business Meeting - Bank of Cyprus Country Cyprus". Bankofcyprus.com.cy. 2011-04-18. Retrieved 2013-07-17.
- "Global China Business Meeting by PwC PwC Luxembourg". Pwc.com. 2010-11-22. Retrieved 2013-07-17.
- "Jean-Claude Juncker, Discours à l'occasion du Global China Business Meeting, Luxembourg". Gouvernement.lu. 2010-11-22. Archived from the original on 2012-03-23. Retrieved 2013-07-17.
- "Gunjan Sinha to participate in the Horasis Summit in Naples, Italy – Press Release". Metricstream.com. Retrieved 2013-07-17.
- Frank-Jürgen Richter (2015-07-18). "The Elephant and Dragon move ahead". Horasis.org. Retrieved 2015-07-27.
- Horasis.org. "News :: Business Leader of the Year". Horasis.org. Retrieved 2013-07-17.
- "Roland Berger Strategy Consultants and Horasis Award "Arab Business Leaders of the Year 2010"". Benzinga. 2010-09-27. Retrieved 2013-07-17.
- "Horasis :Global China Business Meeting" (PDF). Horasis.org. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Horasis.|