From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Hornostaypil)
Ivankiv (since 1988)
|Area code(s)||+380 4591|
The village is located on the Teteriv River and the Kiev Reservoir. Part of the former Chernobyl Raion until 1988, it is one of the few villages of this former district outside the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.
- Rabbi Yaakov Yisrael Kanievsky was from Hornostaipil.
- Rabbi Abraham J. Twerski is the uncle of the Grand Rabbi (Rebbe) of the "Hornosteipel Hasidic sect."
- Otaman Struk was a warlord and pogromist from near Hornostaipil, active in the Civil War of 1918–1919.
- "Map of the Chernobyl Raion" (in Ukrainian). Chernobyl & Chernobylyane. Retrieved 5 February 2015.
- Mikhail Akulov, "War Without Fronts: Atamans and Commissars in Ukraine, 1917–1919."
|This article about a location in Kiev Oblast is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|