Horror Stories (film)
|Directed by||Im Dae-woong |
|Produced by||Kim Won-guk |
|Written by||Im Dae-woong |
|Starring||Kim Ji-won |
|Music by||Heo Deok-beom |
|Cinematography||Lee Jeong-in |
|Edited by||Jeong Jin-hee |
|Distributed by||Lotte Entertainment|
A high school student is kidnapped by a killer and has her life on the line. To survive, she tells him the scariest stories she knows; starting with "Don't Answer to the Door", a story of eerie things happening in a house with a brother and sister who are waiting for their mother, "Endless Flight" in which a flight attendant and a serial killer is left alone in an airplane up in the air, "Secret Recipe" a cruel 2012 version of a folktale in which two stepsisters fight to marry a wealthy cannibalistic man, and "Ambulance on the Death Zone" in which the survivors in a city filled with a deadly zombie virus suspect each other of being infected while riding together in an ambulance.
- A high school student named Ji-won is kidnapped by a serial killer with a speech impediment. The killer can only go to sleep when he listens to scary stories. Hoping to escape, Ji-won Scheherazade-like begins telling him the four scariest stories she knows.
Don't Answer to the Door
- Based on the Korean folktale The Sun and the Moon about a tiger who gobbles up and impersonates the mother of a young boy and his sister. A sister and brother are waiting for their mom to get home. However, their mother is late and the girl begins to get caught up in her own imagination. A suspicious delivery man knocks on the door, and the siblings try not to open it. (Hangul: 해와 달; lit. The Sun and the Moon)
- Directed by Jung Bum-sik
- Kim Hyun-soo
- No Kang-min
- Ra Mi-ran - mother
- Lee Dong-kyu - fired employee
- No Hyeon-hee - English teacher
- Kim Tae-woo
- Kim Bo-kyung - Seon-yi's mother (voice)
- A flight attendant faces a serial killer alone, while the airplane is flying at an altitude of 30,000 feet. (Hangul: 공포 비행기; lit. The Terror Plane)
- Directed by Im Dae-woong
- Choi Yoon-young - flight attendant So-jung
- Jin Tae-hyun - serial killer Doo-ho
- Woo Hyeon - captain
- Based on the well-known Korean folktale Kongjwi and Patjwi, another variant of Cinderella. Gong-ji is getting married soon to Min, a rich and handsome bachelor. But she feels anxious due to her stepsister Bak-ji's severe jealousy. Wanting Min for herself, Bak-ji undergoes plastic surgery to look like Gong-ji. What they don't know is Min's secret to maintain his young face. Meanwhile, Min watches all of this, amused. (Hangul: 콩쥐, 팥쥐; lit. Kongjwi and Patjwi)
- Directed by Hong Ji-young
- Nam Bo-ra - Bak-ji
- Jung Eun-chae - Gong-ji
- Bae Soo-bin - Min
- Na Young-hee - Bak-ji's mother
- Im Seong-min - housemaid
Ambulance on the Death Zone
- Among the five survivors inside an ambulance escaping at full speed from a horde of berserker zombies are a doctor, a nurse, an unconscious child and her mother. The young girl is found to have an unknown scar on her wrist, and the military doctor believes that she was infected by a zombie epidemic. The tension and anxiety level begins to climb as the nurse must make a choice between following his orders and helping the child's distraught mother. (Hangul: 앰뷸런스; lit. The Ambulance)
- Directed by Kim Gok and Kim Sun
- Kim Ji-young - Hyun-soo's mother
- Kim Ye-won - nurse
- Jo Han-cheol - army doctor
- Park Jae-woong - ambulance driver
- Lee, Hye-ji (20 July 2012). "PREVIEW Horror Stories: Return of authentic Korean horror film". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- Yi, Paul (30 July 2012). "Summer Season Horror Film Lineup". Arirang News. Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- Kim, Kyu Hyun. "Horror Stories". Koreanfilm.org. Retrieved 2012-08-25.
- Kwaak, Je-yup (18 July 2012). "Horror takes stage as PiFan opens". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- Cho, Jae-eun (6 July 2012). "Fringe genres take center stage at PiFan". Korea JoongAng Daily. Archived from the original on 13 July 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- Park, Soo-mee (20 July 2012). "Anthology Chiller Horror Stories Opens Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- Yi, Paul (21 July 2012). "16th Annual Puchon International Film Festival Kicks Off". Arirang News. Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- "16th Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival". KBS World. 7 August 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- Conran, Pierce (24 July 2012). "PiFan 2012 Review: HORROR STORIES". Twitch Film. Retrieved 2012-11-19.