Horror Stories 2
|Horror Stories 2|
|Hangul||무서운 이야기 2|
|Revised Romanization||Mu-seo-un Iyagi 2|
|Directed by||Min Kyu-dong
|Produced by||Min Jin-su
|Written by||Min Kyu-dong
|Music by||Jeong Yong-jin
|Edited by||Son Yeon-ji
|Distributed by||Lotte Entertainment|
Horror Stories 2 (Hangul: 무서운 이야기 2; RR: Mu-seo-un Iyagi) is a 2013 horror omnibus film made up of four episodes by four South Korean directors. It screened at the Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival and Sitges Film Festival in 2013, and won the Silver Raven prize in the International Competition at the 2014 Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival.
Min Kyu-dong's 444 is set against the backdrop of the warehouse of an insurance company where a woman with the ability to communicate with the dead delves into fraudulent insurance claim cases. Kim Sung-ho's The Cliff focuses on two friends who go hiking in the woods then get trapped at the edge of a cliff. Kim Hwi's The Accident centers on three depressed girls who go on a road trip after they fail the teacher's certification exam, but a car accident turns their trip into a nightmare. Jung Bum-shik's The Escape is about a male trainee teacher who gets locked in the doorway to hell.
- Plot: Se-young, an outsider at an insurance company, has the extraordinary ability to communicate with dead people. Manager Park, Se-young's boss, assuming that she has some kind of special power, decides to test it. One very late night when everyone has gone home, Mr. Park brings Se-young to a storage room full of case reports. Among them, Mr. Park picks three doubtful cases. He asks Se-young to tell him exactly what happened. Se-young, who senses some dark aura around him, tells the story of each case. Every time Se-young finishes each case, the dark aura gets darker and bigger and Se-young tries to warn Mr. Park about it.
- Directed by Min Kyu-dong
- Lee Se-young ... Se-young
- Park Sung-woong ... Manager Park
- The Cliff (Hangul: 절벽; RR: Jeol-byeok) (Running time: 23 minutes)
- Plot: Two friends luckily survive after falling from a cliff, but end up on a protruding rock just below. While waiting to be rescued, their friendship soon breaks apart because of one chocolate candy bar. To survive, one of them has to die. (Adapted from Oh Seong-dae's popular webtoon The Cliff.)
- Directed by Kim Sung-ho
- Sung Joon ... Cho Dong-wook
- Lee Soo-hyuk ... Park Sung-kyun
- Noh Kang-min ... young boy in apartment playground
- The Accident (Hangul: 사고; RR: Sa-go) (Running time: 23 minutes)
- Plot: Three young women fail their teacher certification examination. To cheer themselves up, the friends set out on a road trip into the mountains. But they get into an accident and their car breaks down. Despite their injuries, they decide to walk toward a dim light coming from a mountain.
- Directed by Kim Hwi
- Baek Jin-hee ... Kang Ji-eun
- Kim Seul-gie ... Yoon Mi-ra
- Jung In-sun .... Gil Sun-joo
- Kim Gi-cheon ... resident of mountain cabin
- The Escape (Hangul: 탈출; RR: Tal-chool) (Running time: 30 minutes)
- Plot: Byeong-shin is a trainee teacher who gets humiliated by his students on his first day at school. After meeting Tan-hee, a high school girl obsessed with black magic, he imitates one of her spells. He finds himself locked in the doorway to hell.
- Directed by Jung Bum-sik
- Go Kyung-pyo ... Go Byeong-shin
- Kim Ji-won ... Sa Tan-hee
- Im Won-hee ... teacher
- Kim Ye-won ... Byeong-shin's girlfriend
- Gil Eun-hye ... Tan hee's older sister
- An, So-hyoun (15 April 2013). "Scary Story 2 Releases Teaser Poster for June Premiere". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Ji, Yong-jin (28 May 2013). "HORROR STORIES II Invited to Sitges Film Festival Again". Korean Film Council. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Conran, Pierce (8 May 2014). "Horror Stories II Picks up Silver Raven in Brussels". Korean Film Council. Retrieved 2014-05-09.
- Jang, Sung-ran (13 May 2013). "Return of Horror Film Geniuses, HORROR STORIES 2". Korean Film Council. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "2013.6.14 Now playing". Korea JoongAng Daily. 14 June 2013. Archived from the original on 24 June 2013. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- Jung, Min-ho (12 June 2013). "Run screaming from this film: Contrived Horror Stories 2 is major letdown of a sequel". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- An, So-hyoun (17 April 2013). "Sung Jun and Lee Soo Hyuk Shine with Their Good Looks in Scary Story 2". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "'Horror princes' Sung Joon and Lee Soo-Hyuk cast for Scary Story 2". Asia Today. 18 April 2013. Archived from the original on 24 June 2013. Retrieved 2013-06-22.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (1 June 2013). "Sung Jun Wants a Girlfriend He Can Be Comfortable With". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 2013-06-03.