This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Launched||January 8, 2003|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Slogan||The Network for Horse Sports|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California|
|Formerly called||HRTV (2003-2015)|
|Sister channel(s)||TVG Network|
|Dish Network||Channel 398|
|C-Band - H2H/4DTV||AMC 18 - Channel 217|
|Verizon FiOS||Channel 316|
|AT&T U-Verse||Channel 672|
TVG2 (formerly HRTV) is an American sports-oriented digital cable and satellite television network. It is part of the TVG Network and is owned by Paddy Power Betfair. Dedicated to horse racing, it broadcasts events from U.S. and international racetracks, as well as a range of English and Western horse competitions, news, original programming and documentaries
The network was previously known as HRTV, and owned by the Stronach Group. In February 2015, HRTV was acquired by Betfair, owner of the competing TVG Network. HRTV was consolidated into TVG Network's Los Angeles facilities, and re-branded as TVG2 on October 28, 2015. The move to TVG's facilities also allowed the network to begin broadcasting in high definition.
List of HRTV commentators
Scott Hazelton, Kurt Hoover, Christina Blacker, Matt Carothers, Todd Schrupp, Dave Weaver, Mike Joyce, Rich Perloff, Simon Bray, Donna Brothers, Nick Hines, Frank Miramahdi, Tom Cassidy, Joaquin Jaime, Paul Lo Duca, Peter Lurie, and Britney Eurton.
Programming on HRTV includes regular and special stakes races from Santa Anita Park, Churchill Downs, Gulfstream Park, Arlington Park, Pimlico Race Course, NYRA, and numerous other top U.S. and international racetracks.
- Inside Information
- Clubhouse Turn
- Drive Time
- Horse Racing All-Access
- Horseracing Today
- International Racing
- Morning Line
- Pick 6 Central
- Race Night
- Racing Coast to Coast
- Starting Gate
- Television Games
- The Quarters
- The Works
- Trackside Live
- TVG Classic
HRTV also features events in the world of English riding, such as show jumping, dressage, eventing and carriage driving. Coverage includes the Aachen World Horse Festival, FEI World Cup Jumping, Dressage events, and the Horse Shows in the Sun (HITS) $1,000,000 Grand Prix Triple Crown of Show jumping.
- CHIO Aachen
- For the Love of Horses
- Polo Masters
- Alltech National Horse Show
- HITS AIG $1 Million Grand Prix
- HITS Great American $1 Million Grand Prix
- HITS Saugerties Zoetis $1 Million Grand Prix
- The Hampton Classic
- Ridin' High America
- A Rider's Story
- The Saddle Club
Western horse-related programming includes rodeos sanctioned by the Professional Rodeo Cowboy Association, National Reining Horse Association events from around the world, US- based Cutting, Roping, and Barrel Racing competitions, and programming on recreational activities such as trail riding.
- Ridin' Horses with Kerry Kuhn
- Riding to Win
- Join Up
- Palm Partnership Training
- Charles Wilhelm Ultimate Foundation Horsemanship
- America's Favorite Trail Horse
- Diamonds & Dirt
- Richard Winters Horsemanship
- Cactus Reining Classic
- "TVG Makes Changes, Rebrands HRTV as TVG2". Blood-Horse. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- "TVG re-brands HRTV, promises more live racing". Courier-Journal. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- Mitchell, Ron (February 18, 2015). "TVG Acquiring HRTV; Operations to Merge". Blood-Horse. Retrieved February 18, 2015.
- "Equestrian Life - Luxury Desert Homes - Equestrian Life - Luxury Desert Homes". equestrianlife.com. Retrieved 18 April 2015.
- "HRTV Shows - HRTV.com". HRTV.com. Retrieved 18 April 2015.