In the United Kingdom there are many fairs which are traditionally attended by Romani people and travellers who converge at the fairs to buy and sell horses, meet with friends and relations and to celebrate their music, history and folklore.
List of important horse fairs in the United Kingdom
- Appleby Horse Fair, Appleby-in-Westmorland, Cumbria
- Ballyclare May Fair, Ballyclare, County Antrim
- Barnet Fair, Barnet, London
- Brigg Fair, Brigg, Lincolnshire
- Dartmoor Drift, Dartmoor, Devon
- Horncastle Horse Fair, Lincolnshire
- Lee Gap, Yorkshire
- Stow Fair, Stow-on-the-Wold, Gloucestershire
- Wickham Horse Fair, Wickham, Hampshire
- Widecombe Fair, Widecombe-in-the-Moor, Devon
'Horse Fair on Bruntsfield Links, Edinburgh' by Paul Sandby, 1750
Appleby Horse Fair, 2007
Bronze sculpture in reference to the Ballinasloe Horse Fair, 2003
- Stow Fair, Lincolnshire, lost medieval fair which continued as a horse fair until 1954
- Banagher Horse Fair, in Banagher, County Offaly, Republic of Ireland
- Ballinasloe Horse Fair
- "Historian uncovers the truth of Appleby Horse Fair – "There'll Always Be Appleby"". cumbriacrack.com. 15 August 2019. Retrieved 10 June 2020.
- "BALLINASLOE OCTOBER FAIR 2015". ballinasloe.ie. 27 September 2015. Retrieved 10 June 2020.