|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Horst Niemack (left) with Hasso von Manteuffel
|Born||10 March 1909|
|Died||7 April 1992(aged 83)|
|Allegiance|| Nazi Germany
Horst Niemack (10 March 1909 – 7 April 1992) was a German general during World War II. He was a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords of Nazi Germany. Niemack later took command of the Panzer Lehr Division on 10 January 1945, succeeding General Fritz Bayerlein. From 1956 Niemack served as chairman of the Association of Knight's Cross Recipients (AKCR).
- Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (17 May 1940) & 1st Class (12 June 1940)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords
- Grand Cross of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany (12 June 1969)
- Thomas 1998, p. 120.
- Scherzer 2007, p. 569.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Militaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- Thomas, Franz (1998). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 2: L–Z [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 2: L–Z] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-2300-9.
Generalleutnant Fritz Bayerlein
|Commander of Panzer-Lehr-Division
15 January 1945 – 3 April 1945
Oberst Paul Freiherr von Hauser