From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hortensius can refer to:
- Quintus Hortensius (dictator), Roman dictator in 286 BC.
- Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (114-50 BC), Roman orator.
- Hortensius (Cicero), a lost dialogue by Cicero from 45 BC, which Augustine of Hippo says (in Confessiones) turned him to the way of philosophy
- The Dutch astronomer Martin van den Hove (1605–1639), also known as Martinus Hortensius.
- Hortensius crater, on the Moon, which is named after this Dutch astronomer.
- Hortensius is the name of the steward in the opera La fille du régiment, by Gaetano Donizetti.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Hortensius.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.