This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Elevation||739 m (2,425 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||+91-8199 |
|Vehicle registration||KA 16|
Hosadurga is located in Karnataka, India, with an average elevation of 739 meters (2424 feet) above sea level.
As of the 2011 India census, Hosadurga has a population of 28,370. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Hosadurga has an average literacy rate of 72%, higher than the national average of 59.5%, with a male literacy rate of 76% and a female literacy rate of 70%. In Hosadurga, 12% of the population is under seven years of age.
Hosadurga had a strong cement industry in the 1990s, but many factories have closed over time due to shortages of limestone. Currently only one remains, the Ramco Cement Factory in Mathodu Village.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hosadurga.|
- Hosadurga Pin Code, Postal Code, Zip Code, Map | Ramanagar Pin Code
- STD Codes India, Hosadurga
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Hosadurga
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Strategically Located to Feed Growing Markets". Archived from the original on 4 February 2013. Retrieved 22 September 2012.