Hōshi (法師?) is unrelated to the preceding words, and pronounced differently. It is a technical term in Buddhism (see below). Many additional words in Japanese have the same pronunciation as it.
People with the surname Hoshi:
- Hamuko Hoshi (星), Japanese professional wrestler
- Sumo yokozuna Hokutoumi Nobuyoshi, born Hoshi (保志) Nobuyoshi
- Shinichi Hoshi (星), Japanese novelist and science-fiction writer
- Sōichirō Hoshi (保志), Japanese voice actor
- Doctor Light (Kimiyo Hoshi), fictional superheroine in DC Comics
- Hoshi Sato, character in the fictional Star Trek universe and communications officer aboard the starship Enterprise (NX-01)
- Ryu Hoshi, video game character created by Capcom
- Lieutenant Hoshi, a character of Battlestar Galactica
In manga and anime:
- Hoshi no Kābi, anime series based on Nintendo's Kirby franchise
- Hoshi no Koe, half hour Japanese anime OAV conceived, directed, and animated by one man
- La Seine no Hoshi, 1975 anime series based on the movie La Tulipe noire
- Hoshi, a character from Arakawa Under the Bridge
- Hōshi (法師), in Zen Buddhism, a Dharma Holder, one who has completed kōan study and is permitted to hold daisan (dokusan)
- Kagayakeru Hoshi, the 2nd single by Japanese pop singer and songwriter Miho Komatsu
- Hoshi (Go) (星), intersection traditionally marked with a small dot on the board in the game of Go
- Hoshi University, founded by Hajime Hoshi (星), father of Shinichi Hoshi
- Biwa hōshi (法師), travelling performers in the era of Japanese history preceding the Meiji period
- Hoshi Ryokan
- Hoshi (Kwon Soonyoung), choreographer and member of Korean boy group Seventeen (band) performance unit
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Hoshi.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.