|Born||August 23, 1951|
|Genres||Persian Traditional, Contemporary Classical, Soundtrack|
|Occupation(s)||Composer, Tar and Setar Player|
|Instruments||Tar, Setar (also Sallaneh, Shurangiz)|
|Associated acts||Djivan Gasparyan|
Hossein Alizâdeh (Persian: حسین علیزاده) is an Iranian musician, composer, radif-preserver, researcher, teacher, and tar and setar instrumentalist and improviser. He has performed with such musicians as Shahram Nazeri, Madjid Khaladj, and Jivan Gasparyan, as well as with a number of orchestras and ensembles.
Alizâdeh was born in 1951 in Tehran to an Azeri father (from Urmia) and a Persian mother (from Arak). As a teenager he attended secondary school at a music conservatory until 1975. His music studies continued at the University of Tehran, where his focus was composition and performance. He began postgraduate studies at the Tehran University of Art. After the Iranian Revolution, he resumed his studies at the University of Berlin, where he studied composition and musicology.
Alizâdeh plays the tar and setar. He has performed with two of Iran's national orchestras, as well as with the Aref Ensemble, the Shayda Ensemble, and Masters of Persian Music. In Europe, his first professional performance was with the Bejart Ballet Company’s orchestra in a performance of a Maurice Béjart ballet called Golestan.
He has been nominated for the 2007 Grammy Award along with Armenian musician, Djivan Gasparyan, for their collaboration album, The Endless Vision. In 2008, he was voted as "Iran's most distinguished musician of the year".
- Dâd o Bidâd: A new maqâm in Persian music, through combining the gusheh of dâd in dastgah of Mahour and the gusheh of bidâd in dastgah of Homayoun.
- Sallaneh and Shoor-Angiz: Two new musical instruments derived from the ancient Persian lute barbat.
- 2014 - Eşqim Gəl, with Hamavayan Ensemble (Azerbaijani language)
- 2010 – Birthplace of Earth, with Hamavayan Ensemble, Ba Music Records.
- 2009 – Half Moon, Ba Music Records.
- 2009 – Echoes of Light with Madjid Khaladj, Ba Music Records.
- 2007 – Ode To Flowers, with Hamavayan Ensemble, Ba Music Records.
- 2006 – Endless Vision, with Djivan Gasparyan
- 2005 – Birds, with Madjid Khaladj and Homa Niknam, Ba Music Records.
- 2005 – Faryad (The Cry),with MR Shajaian, Keyhan Kalhor and H Shajarian, World Village Music
- 2003 – Sallaneh, Mahoor Institute
- 2002 – Bi To Be Sar Nemishavad (Without You), MR Shajarian,Keyhan Kalhor and Homayoun Shajarian, World Village Music
- 2001 – Chahargah & Bayat-e Tork with Hossein Omumi, M Ghavihelm, Mahoor Institute
- 2000 – Zemestan ast (It's Winter), Mehdi Akhavan Sales: Poems MR Shajaian: Vocals Hossein Alizadeh: Tar Keyhan Kalhor: Kamancheh H Shajarian: Vocals & tombak Soroush Co.
- 1999 – Raz-e No (Novel Mystery), Hossein Alizadeh: Composer, Tar, Tanbur Mohsen Keramati, Afsaneh Rasayi, Homa Niknam, Ali Samadpour: Vocals Daryush Zargari: Tombak Mahoor Institute
- Paria, Qesseh-ye Dokhtara-ye Nane Darya (Paria, Tale of Daughters of the Mother Sea)
- 1996 – Sobhgahi Hossein Alizadeh: Composer Mohsen Karamati: Vocals Mahoor Institute
- 1995 – Musique iranienne : improvisations (کنسرت بداهه نوازی : نوا و همایون ) : H. Alizadeh : tar & setar ; Madjid Khaladj : tombak, Buda Records 
- 1994 Paykubi Hossein Alizadeh: Setar Daryush Zargari: Tombak Mahoor Institute
- 1993 – Hamnavaei Hossein Alizadeh: Tar Arshad Tahmasbi: Tar Dariush Zargari: Tombak Mahoor Institute
- 1991 – Ava-ye Mehr (Song of Campassion), Hossein Alizadeh: Composer Orchestra of Indigenous Instruments of Iran
- 1990 – No Bang-e Kohan (Ancient Call-Anew) Mahoor Institute
- 1988 – Shourangiz (Song of Campassion), Hossein Alizadeh : Composer Sheyda and Aref Groups Shahram Nazeri: Vocals Mahoor Institute
- 1989 – Torkaman, Hossein Alizadeh: Setar Mahoor Institute
- 1988 – Raz-o-Niaz, Hossein Alizadeh: Composer Sheyda and Aref Groups Alireza Eftekhari: Vocals Mahoor Institute
- 1986 –Dream
- 1983 – NeyNava, Hossein Alizadeh: Composer String Orchestra of the National Radio and Television of Iran Djamshid Andalibi: Ney Soloist
- 1983 – Osyan (Revolt)
- 1977 – Hesar
- 1977 – Savaran-e Dasht-e Omid (Riders of the Plain of Hope)
- The Song of Sparrows, 2008.
- Half Moon, 2006.
- Turtles can fly, 2004.
- Abjad ("First Letter"), 2003, composed by Abolfazl Jalili.
- Zamani baraye masti asbha ("A Time for Drunken Horses"), 2000.
- Doxtarân e xorshid ('Daughters of the Sun") directed by Maryam Shahriyâ, 2000.
- Gabbeh, 1995.
- Del Shodegân directed by Ali Hatami, 1992.
- Az A'sar, ("From Eons Ago")
- "همشهری آنلاین". Hamshahrionline.ir. November 21, 2011. Archived from the original on September 16, 2008. Retrieved December 22, 2011.
- Harris, Craig. "Hossein Alizâdeh > Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved December 23, 2017.
- Harris, Craig. "Hossein Alizâdeh: Artist Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved December 23, 2017.
- "Iranian musician refuses French Chevalier of Legion of Honor". November 29, 2014. Retrieved December 23, 2017.
- Hossein Alizâdeh on IMDb
- Laudan Nooshin, in The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians, edited by Stanley Sadie, second edition (Macmillan, London, 2001). ISBN 1-56159-239-0. (Oxford University Press, 2001). ISBN 0-19-517067-9.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hossein Alizadeh.|