|Minister of Economy and Finance|
|Preceded by||Morteza Mohammadkhan|
|Succeeded by||Tahmasb Mazaheri|
Hossein Namazi (Persian: حسین نمازی) is an Iranian economist and academic, who served in different cabinet posts.
Namazi is an economist and academic. He served as the minister of economy and finance in different governments of Iran. Firstly he served in this post from March 1981 to 1986. In 1985 he was approved for the post by the Majlis, getting 106 for votes.
He was reappointed to this post to the cabinet led by then president Mohammad Khatami in August 1997. He succeeded Morteza Mohammadkhan in the post. When Namazi was in office, there was a rivalry between him and Mohsen Nourbakhsh, then governor of the Central Bank of Iran (CBI). Namazi's term ended in August 2001 and he was replaced by Tahmasb Mazaheri in the post.
- Anthony H. Cordesman (1 January 1999). Iran's Military Forces in Transition: Conventional Threats and Weapons of Mass Destruction. Greenwood Publishing Group. p. 8. ISBN 978-0-275-96529-7. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- "Profile - Hossein Namazi". APS Review Gas Market Trends. 19 April 1999. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- "Moderate Iran Leader's Cabinet Picks Okd". Chicago Tribune. 21 August 1997. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- Bahman Baktiari (1996). Parliamentary Politics in Revolutionary Iran: The Institutionalization of Factional Politics. University Press of Florida. p. 122. ISBN 978-0-8130-1461-6. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- "Iran cabinet changes signal a shift in policy". The Independent. 13 August 1997. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- Dinmore, Guy (22 August 2000). "Upturn in Iran may aid Khatami". Financial Times. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- "New Govt.". APS Diplomat Recorder. 12 August 2001. Retrieved 21 June 2013.