|Projects||The Troika (Kuala Lumpur), Capella Singapore, Atmosphere (Kolkata), National Design Centre, Dhoby Ghaut Green, Pinewood Iskandar Malaysia Studios, Four Seasons Resort, Seychelles, Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur, Lincoln Modern Singapore|
|Awards||PDA Singapore "Designer of the Year" 2016|
Hossein Rezai-Jorabi (born 1956) is a structural engineer based in Singapore. He is the founding principal and director of international design engineering consultancy Web Structures Pte Ltd, a multi-disciplinary firm engaging in structural, civil and geotechnical engineering. Rezai is Managing Director of the Milan Research Lab; a research and consultancy start up, based in Milan - Italy, dedicated to research in advanced computational design and engineering analysis.
Education and academic activities
Rezai obtained his PHD from the University of Westminster and also worked there as a research assistant and fellow. He has written and presented several technical papers and has lectured at the University of Westminster, Politecnico Di Milano, National University of Singapore, Victoria and Albert Museum, Institution of Civil Engineers and Singapore University of Technology and Design.
In 2016, Rezai received the Singapore President's Design Award 'Designer of the Year' - the first engineer to win the award.
Web Structures' awards include the RIBA Award for International Excellence 2012 for The Troika (Kuala Lumpur), the 14th SIA Architectural Design Award 2014 for the National Design Centre, and the ISE Singapore Structural Award 2016 for the Mediacorp Campus building.
Rezai and Web Structures projects have been featured in The Telegraph, The Straits Times, Financial Times, Forbes, Dezeen and more. Rezai has also appeared as a guest expert on Channel News Asia, BBC News and National Geographic.
- hermesauto (2016-12-09). "Engineer bags Designer of the Year award". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "President's Design Award: Engineer among three Designer of the Year winners". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Web Structures - Home". Web Structures - Home. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "High Rise Expert To Lead International Tall Buildings Conference - Thornton Media". Thornton Media. 2014-03-03. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Exploring a different engineering perspective". enewsletter.ntu.edu.sg. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Warning to British architects to guard reputation overseas". Architects Journal. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Dr Hossein Rezai". Base. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Foster and Partners scoops two RIBA International Awards". Building Design. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Lift-off for luxe walkway in the clouds". The Telegraph. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- hermes (2016-12-10). "Engineer wins Design of the Year award for first time". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Subscribe to read". Financial Times. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- Flamer, Keith. "Dominican Republic's Exclusive Playa Grande & Amanera Resort Seduces Rich, Famous & Adventurous". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Ardmore Residence skyscraper in Singapore by UNStudio". Dezeen. 2013-11-13. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- WEB STRUCTURES (2014-11-18), Dr. Rezai News Interview - Fukushima Disaster, retrieved 2017-06-28
- "NatGeo films Kolkata highrise for mega-structures series - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Master Jury announced for 2016 Aga Khan Award for Architecture | Aga Khan Development Network". www.akdn.org. Retrieved 2017-06-28.