||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (April 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
HostGIS Linux is a Slackware based Linux distribution. HostGIS Linux comes with several open source based GIS tools installed. For the less technically inclined compilation/installation of tools like UMN Mapserver might take a lot of time.
Some of the tools/packages installed are:
- The usual amenities of Slackware Linux: compilers, Perl, etc.
- Apache HTTP Server, with PHP
- MapServer, and MapScript for PHP, Perl, and Python
- PDFlib, with support built into PHP, Perl, Python, and MapServer
- PostGIS-enabled PostgreSQL database server
- MySQL Server
- Webmin, phpMyAdmin, and phpPgAdmin for easy system administration
- Example maps and map frameworks already installed, demonstrating MapServer Web Widgets, Map-Fu, ECW images as data sources, PostGIS, MyGIS, WMS server and client, Flash output, OpenLayers, TileCache, and more.
|This Linux-distribution-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|