Hot AC (radio network)
|This article does not cite any sources. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Slogan||Your Music, Your Station|
(through Triton Media Group)
|Adult Hit Radio, Bright AC|
|Hot AC website|
Hot AC (formerly known as Adult Hit Radio) is a 24-hour music network produced by Dial Global Networks. It targets a primarily female radio audience between ages 25–49 with hot adult contemporary and Adult Top 40 music of the 1990s through today, with artists such as Maroon 5, Train, Pink, Ed Sheeran, Lifehouse, Katy Perry, Adele, Goo Goo Dolls, Sam Smith, Ariana Grande, Rob Thomas/Matchbox 20, Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Coldplay, Panic! at the Disco, Ellie Goulding, The Script, Fun., and Imagine Dragons
The format was programmed by Senior Director of Programming, Jon Holiday from August 2003 through December 2008. Holiday, a major market veteran (Boston, Miami, Tampa and Denver) also programmed WXLO Worcester, MA; one of the Top 25 highest rated AC/Hot AC's in the U.S. according to Radio & Records. Holiday added high-profile personalities such as Dave Otto (from KS-95 Minneapolis) and Peter McLaine (KLSY Seattle), increased production value and added big promotions.
Weekend specialty programming on Hot AC included "The Weekend Retro Zone" (1980s and 1990s hits) on Saturday nights and "The '80s Rewind" on Sunday nights. The format regularly featured live artist interviews and performances by stars like John Mayer and Alanis Morissette.
As of May 2011, Hot AC has tweaked its programming to more of an Adult Top 40 sound, with CHR artists like Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Enrique Iglesias and Beyoncé now being played more often, and dropped most of the 1980s music from its playlist with the exception of a song or two per hour, mainly from rock-based artists such as Bon Jovi, U2 and The Police. Weekend specialty programming of '80s music formerly heard Saturday and Sunday nights has also been discontinued.
Some affiliate stations
- KKBJ, Bemidji, Minnesota "Mix 103.7"
- KLJZ, Yuma, Arizona "Z93"
- KPRW, Perham, Minnesota "Lakes 99.5"
- KWYK-FM, Aztec, New Mexico "Quick Radio"
- KXBX-FM, Lakeport, California
- KXRZ, Alexandria, Minnesota Z99
- WHSB, Alpena, Michigan "107.7 The Bay"
- WKZZ, Fitzgerald, Georgia "Z92.5"
- KYMK-FM, Lafayette, Louisiana "106-3 the Monkey"
- WNTO, Ravenswood, West Virginia "Sunny 93.1"
- WXYM, Tomah, Wisconsin "Mix 96.1"
- KYTZ, Langdon, North Dakota "Z106.7"
- WKBC, North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
- WNNO, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin "Mix 1 0 6"
- KCJJ, Iowa City, Iowa "1630 KCJJ"
- KJET, Raymond, Washington "105.7 The Jet"
- KOOS, North Bend, Oregon
- KCGB, Hood River, Oregon "Your Music, Your Station"
- KRDQ, Colby, Kansas "The Ride"