Hot Dog on a Stick
|Industry||Fast food restaurant|
Santa Monica, California, U.S.
Number of locations
|Parent||Global Franchise Group|
Hot Dog on a Stick is a fast food company that was founded by Dave Barham in Santa Monica, California, in 1946, and later branched out into malls and shopping centers. In 2014, the company was purchased by Global Franchise Group (the strategic brand management company behind Great American Cookies, Marble Slab Creamery, and Pretzelmaker.) based in Atlanta, GA. Under GFG, the brand has opened new locations across the country and moved into the franchising space.
The first Hot Dog on a Stick store opened at the original Muscle Beach location next to the Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica, California, in 1946, serving lemonade and corn dogs on sticks to people on the beach. The second location opened in the late 50s at Pacific Ocean Park (also sometimes stylized as "P.O.P." and not to be confused with the current Pacific Park Pier in Santa Monica today) in Santa Monica, California. In 1962, a third location was opened on the Redondo Beach Pier, which remains the only independently owned location under the name "Craig's Hot Dog on a Stick." Hot Dog on a Stick later expanded and became a large food chain. Hot Dog on a Stick currently has just 35 United States locations, which are primarily located in popular regional shopping malls. There are also internationally franchised locations, in Korea. and Shanghai, China 
- Amestoy, Louis (December 14, 2008). "Comfort in cupcakes". The Business Press. Thebizpress.com. Retrieved January 9, 2009.
- "Taking comfort in fast and affordable meals around town". The.honoluluadvertiser.com. August 17, 2001. Retrieved January 9, 2009.
- "Hot Dog on a Stick". Hotdogonastick.com. May 7, 2007. Archived from the original on January 26, 2011. Retrieved January 9, 2009.
- "Hot Dog on a Stick opens first location in China".
- Inc, FAT Brands (June 28, 2021). "FAT Brands Inc. Agrees to Acquire Global Franchise Group for $442.5 million". GlobeNewswire News Room. Retrieved September 1, 2021.
- Inc., FAT Brands (July 22, 2021). "FAT Brands Completes Acquisition of Global Franchise Group". GlobeNewswire News Room. Retrieved September 1, 2021.