Hot Sam Pretzels
|Fate||Acquired by Mrs. Fields and later converted to Pretzel Time|
|Headquarters||Southfield, Michigan, U.S.|
Located mainly in shopping malls, Mrs. Fields acquired the chain in 1995. Mrs. Field's purchased Pretzel Time in 1996 and merged the two chains under the Pretzel Time brand. The last 10 locations were converted in 2005.
In popular culture
Hot Sam was recreated in 2018 for an appearance in the mall food court of the Netflix series Stranger Things, which is set in the mid-1980s. The faux mall facades were constructed at Georgia's Gwinnett Place Mall near Atlanta, where the series is filmed.
- Vida, Herbert J. (30 June 1985). "Soft Market : Hot Sam Pretzels Invade the West, Where Some Ask for Fudge Topping". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2013-07-12.
- Helms, Matt (April 2, 1996). "Entrepreneur was behind Jiffy Pop, Hot Sam's shops". Detroit Free Press.
- "On Michigan's Industrial Front". Michigan Manufacturer and Financial Record. 131–132. Michigan Manufacturer Publishing Company. 1973. p. 103. Retrieved 2013-07-12.
- "The Restaurant and Foodservice Market Research Handbook". Norcross, GA: Richard K. Miller & Assoc. 2005. ISSN 1540-062X. Retrieved 2013-07-12.
- "A Guide To The Stores in Stranger Things Season 3". Lymyted.com. 2019-07-26. Retrieved 2019-07-29.
- Walsh, Michael. "A Complete Breakdown of the STRANGER THINGS 3 Trailer". Nerdist.