Hot Shoe Shuffle
|Hot Shoe Shuffle|
|Basis||story by Max Lambert, David Atkins, Dein Perry|
|Productions||1992 Sydney |
1994 West End
Hot Shoe Shuffle is a 1992 Australian musical produced by David Atkins. A jukebox musical, the score mostly includes American big band and popular songs of the 1920s to 1940s.
The musical concerns seven Tap Brothers, Spring, Slap, Buck, Wing, Tip, Tap and Slide, who learn of the death of their long-absent father. Their father has left them a large inheritance, however to receive it they must rehearse and perform his legendary ‘Act’ – the Hot Shoe Shuffle. They must also include their long-lost sister, April, in the act. The original cast included David Atkins, Rhonda Burchmore and Jack Webster.
It is one of the most popular Australian musicals of all time, being the first one to have a successful run on the West End. The West End production at the Queen's Theatre was nominated in 1995 for the Olivier Award for Best New Musical, and choreographers Atkins and Dein Perry won for Best Theatre Choreographer. 
- "HOT SHOE SHUFFLE - Sydney". www.limelightmagazine.com.au. Retrieved 2017-08-30.
- "A case of new shoes in familiar feat" BY: BRIDGET CORMACK From: The Australian 21 November, 2012 accessed 10 January 2013
- "Summer Page Aussies tap into the West End". The Canberra Times. 68, (21, 460). Australian Capital Territory, Australia. 17 January 1994. p. 12. Retrieved 12 August 2016 – via National Library of Australia.
- "ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT Tapping into Australian talents". The Canberra Times. 70, (22, 030). Australian Capital Territory, Australia. 11 August 1995. p. 12. Retrieved 12 August 2016 – via National Library of Australia.
- http://www.playbill.com/features/article/64673-Librettist-David-Hahn-is-Hot-on-Houston-Hot-Shoe-Shuffle[permanent dead link]
- http://www.playbill.com/news/article/37469-David-Goldsmith-Waxes-Lyrical-About-Houston-Hot-Shoe-Shuffle[permanent dead link]