Hot Springs Cove, British Columbia
Hot Springs Cove
Dock at Hot Springs Cove
|Area code(s)||250, 778|
Hot Springs Cove, formerly Refuge Cove, is an unincorporated settlement on Sydney Inlet on the west side of the Openit Peninsula in the western Clayoquot Sound region of the West Coast of Vancouver Island. Hot Springs Cove derives its name from its proximity to Ramsay Hot Springs, and is protected by Maquinna Provincial Park. The post office at Hot Springs Cove was closed in 1974 but had operated since 1947, when it was first named Sydney Inlet until being renamed in 1948. Despite the closure of the post office, there remains a year-round population in the vicinity.
- Sydney Inlet Provincial Park
- Gibson Marine Provincial Park
- Hesquiat Peninsula Provincial Park
- Sulphur Passage Provincial Park
- Marktosis, British Columbia
- "Hot Springs Cove (community)". BC Geographical Names.
- "Hot Springs Cove (cove)". BC Geographical Names.
- "Sydney Inlet". BC Geographical Names.
- "Refuge Cove (cove - rescinded)". BC Geographical Names.
|This article about a location on the Coast of British Columbia, Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|