||This article does not cite any sources. (September 2014)
Hot Swing is a live swing jazz album by Mark O'Connor, Frank Vignola, and Jon Burr. The trio later released two more similarly-themed albums, one live and one in the studio, under the name of "Mark O'Connor's Hot Swing Trio". These were In Full Swing and Live in New York. The album is a sort of dedication to Stéphane Grappelli, one of O'Connor's mentors and influences (Grappelli began to teach him when O'Connor was seventeen).
The album draws upon the works of Django Reinhardt and Stéphane Grappelli (and the Duke Ellington, Johnny Mercer, and Billy Strayhorn standard, "Satin Doll") in addition to original works by O'Connor and Burr.
- "Swingin' On The 'Ville" (O'Connor) – 5:11
- "Nuages" (Reinhardt) – 5:31
- "Sweet Suzanne" (O'Connor) – 6:36
- "Satin Doll" (Ellington/Mercer/Strayhorn) – 4:48
- "Minor Swing" (Grappelli/Reinhardt) – 6:25
- "In The Cluster Blues" (O'Connor) – 8:24
- "Lament" (Burr) – 5:12
- "Pickles On The Elbow" (O'Connor) – 7:54
- Dorothea von Haeften – Album Photography
- Marty O'Connor – Additional Photography
- Dennis Gaul – Recording
- jbQ, Yonkers, New York – Mastering