|City||Gold Coast, Queensland|
|Broadcast area||Gold Coast RA1 ()|
|Frequency||102.9 MHz FM|
|Branding||102.9 Hot Tomato|
|Slogan||Playing the Gold Coast's Best Music, 102.9 Hot Tomato|
First air date
|1 August 2003|
Call sign meaning
|4 - Queensland|
Hot Tomato Broadcasting
|Website||102.9 Hot Tomato Official website|
The current breakfast line-up consists of Paul Gale, formerly from 90.9 Sea FM and Hot Tomato's drive show, teamed with Emily Jade O'Keeffe, formerly a presenter at Nova 106.9 and Christo, formerly of The Edge 96.ONE, 101.7 WSFM and Nova. The drive show consisted of Malcolm Lees, most famous as a member of Club Veg, partnered with former 90.9 Sea FM announcers Simon Baggs and Moyra Major. Lees last on air programme was on Friday, October 2, 2020 , with the show continuing with just Major and Baggs.
The Street Team are known as "The 1029ers" and feature Big Brother million dollar winner Trevor Butler.
A key point of difference between Hot Tomato and the other Gold Coast radio stations is that all shows originate and are broadcast from the local region, there is no networking, the station is 100% Gold Coast.
Hot Tomato was the first radio station in Queensland to use the limited inventory concept, getting around the Nova trademark by calling it "only ever two ads in a row." Hot Tomato also prides itself on an active local newsroom delivering on-the-hour news updates and runs a local website called myGC which have news from the Gold Coast, Australia and the world, events on the Coast and more. The first song played on Hot Tomato was The Rolling Stones' "Sympathy for the Devil". In November 2018 Hot Tomato was purchased by Grant Broadcasters.
Current On-Air Line-up
- Breakfast 5am-9am: "Galey, Emily Jade & Christo" hosted by Paul Gale, Emily Jade O'Keeffe and David Christopher
- Mornings 9am-12 noon: Olivia Scott
- Afternoons 12 noon-3pm: Simon Carey
- Drive 3pm-7pm: Moyra and Baggs hosted by Moyra Major and Simon Baggs
- Nights 7pm-10pm: "The Gold Coast Best Music Night"
- Dawns: 11pm-12am: "Homegrown"
- Mid Dawns 12am-5am: 1029 Hot Tomato, playing the Gold Coast's Best Music
- Saturday 6am-6pm: 1029 Hot Tomato, playing the Gold Coast's Best Music
- Saturday 4pm-6pm: "The GC Top 20 Countdown" hosted by Simon Carey
- Saturday 6pm to 2am: "Flashback Saturday night"
- Sunday 6am to 4pm 1029 Hot Tomato, playing the Gold Coast's Best Music
- Sunday evening 8pm-12am: "Homegrown"
- Rebecca Dakin (Breakfast Newsreader)
- Monique StClair (Workday Newsreader)
- Moyra Major (Drive Newsreader and formerly 90.9 Sea FM)
- Shanee Dobeson (Weekend Newsreader)
- Matt McDonald (News Director)
- Graham Miles: General Manager
- Brendan "Whippy" Dangar: Content Director
- Graeme Tawyer: Director of Sales
- Justin Williams: Director of Promotions and Marketing
- David Crane: Director of Engineering and IT
- Marsha Graham: Digital Platforms Manager
- Mel Pinn: Creative Writer
- Simon Dawson: Music Director