Hot dog stand
A hot dog stand is a business that sells hot dogs, usually from an external counter. Hot dog stands can be located on a public thoroughfare, near a sports stadium, in a shopping mall, or at a fair. They are often found on the streets of major American cities. According to one report, some hot dog stands are paying up to $80,000 in rent for prime locations in Manhattan.
Similar businesses include hot dog carts or wagons, which are portable hand carts with a grill or boiler for cooking the hot dogs and keeping them hot. In the United States, hot dog carts are also referred to as hot dog stands. However, a hot dog stand is typically a permanent or semi-permanent structure, whereas a hot dog cart is movable. Similarly, hot dog trucks are motor vehicles that are set up at a roadside location, and often include a complete kitchen for storage and preparation.
In Denmark, hot dog stands are called Pølsevogn (sausage wagons). They serve traditional hot dogs as well as assorted sausages and sausage meats.
In Toronto, the hot dogs from hot dog stands are often called "street meat".
Art's Famous Chili Dog Stand
Los Angeles, CA
Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur
Ben's Chili Bowl
Coney Island Colorado
Dog n Suds
Essie's Original Hot Dog Shop
Gene & Jude's
River Grove, IL
Hillbilly Hot Dogs
Hot Dog on a Stick
Santa Monica, CA
Coney Island, NY
Tail o' the Pup
Los Angeles, CA
Walter's Hot Dog Stand
The Wieners Circle
- Dao, Dan Q.; Rothman, Lauren (May 23 2016). "The 20 Best Hot Dogs in NYC", Time Out New York. Retrieved August 26, 2016.
- Stougaard, Jo (April 21, 2015). "15 Classic L.A. Hot Dogs", Los Angeles Times. Retrieved August 26, 2016.
- Gebert, Mike (June 23, 2014). "The 35 Best Hot Dog Spots in Chicago (and the 'Burbs)", Thrillist. Retrieved August 26, 2016.
- "The Black Book of Hotdog Stand". Archived from the original on April 8, 2016. Retrieved August 26, 2016.
- "Hot Dog Stands", RoadsideArchitecture.com. Retrieved August 26, 2016.
- Krall, Hawk (January 16, 2010). "Hot Dog of the Week: Toronto Street Meat". Serious Eats. Retrieved August 26, 2016.