This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Location||2-4 Wampewo Avenue
|Number of rooms||252|
|Number of suites||5|
|Number of restaurants||2|
The hotel is located on Wampewo Avenue, on Kololo Hill, an upscale neighborhood in Central Kampala, adjacent to Garden City Mall. The coordinates of Hotel Africana are:0°19'12.0"N, 32°35'39.0"E (Latitude:0.320000; Longitude:32.594167).
Starting as a single block of about 40 rooms in 1997, Hotel Africana has expanded over the years to a hotel complex with a room count in excess of 230, an outdoor swimming pool, manicures gardens and a conference complex that seats in excess of 3,500 delegates. The hotel is the focal business of the BMK Group of Companies, founded by the Group Chairman, Bulaimu Muwanga Kibirige.
The hotel is a member of the BMK Group of companies (BMK Group), which includes business interests in Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, Zambia and the People's Republic of China. Group assets include companies that lease construction equipment in Uganda and Rwanda and foreign exchange bureaus in Uganda.
- Newvision, Archive (22 August 2006). "Hotel Africana Celebrates 9 Years". New Vision. Archived from the original on 21 October 2014. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- Barigaba, Julius (4 July 2015). "Hotels In Kampala Get Classified, Seven Years On". The EastAfrican. Nairobi. Retrieved 4 July 2015.
- Google (4 July 2015). "Location of Hotel Africana At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 4 July 2015.
- Ndawula, Robert (29 August 2013). "Business News: Prosperous Ever". Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- Muwanga, David (30 December 2009). "Third World Easier to Invest In, Says BMK". New Vision. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- Newvision, Archive (20 October 2006). "BMK Smells Bunyoro Oil Money". New Vision. Archived from the original on 22 October 2014. Retrieved 7 July 2014.