This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Categories||Hospitality industry, hotel management, magazine|
|Based in||New York City|
History and profile
The magazine Hotel Management was established in New York in 1922 by Ahrens Publishers. It absorbed or merged with various other hotel management magazines over the years, including Hotel World, which had been established in 1875. The magazine sometimes took on other names such as Hotel & Motel Management., reflecting these mergers or changes in the market.
The magazine delivered hotel news, analysis and operational strategies. Regular features included special reports, research/top lists, hot products, technology, furniture, fixtures and equipment, hotel operations, and trends and statistics. Later owners included Advanstar Communications, Inc.
In January 2011, the magazine was redesigned and renamed Hotel Management. Following these changes the magazine began to cover articles about technology, development and trends/statistics. It is published fifteen times a year. It was formerly published 21 times per year. Its headquarters is in New York City.
- "HotelWorld To Debut in Las Vegas September 18-20, 2007". PR Newswire. Newton. 20 November 2006. Retrieved 25 April 2017.
- "Announcing a "Made-to-Measure" Magazine". Hotel Management. 1 (1): 1. February 1922. Retrieved 8 April 2018.
- Martin Scarrott (3 November 2009). Sport, Leisure and Tourism Information Sources. Routledge. p. 96. ISBN 978-1-136-36455-6. Retrieved 25 April 2017.
- "All editions for 'Hotel & motel management'". WorldCat. Retrieved 25 April 2017.
- Hadyn Ingram (7 June 2007). Business of Hotels. Routledge. p. 203. ISBN 1-136-35944-3. Retrieved 25 April 2017.
- Jason Fell (12 October 2010). "Questex Renames, Redesigns Hotel & Motel Management". Folio:. Retrieved 25 April 2017.
- Travel and Tourism. Infobase Publishing. 2010. p. 187. ISBN 978-0-8160-8078-6. Retrieved 25 April 2017.
|This trade magazine–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.