Hotel Rosslyn Annex
Hotel Rosslyn Annex
Southeast side of the Hotel Rosslyn Annex
|Location||112 W. 5th St., Los Angeles, California|
|Architect||Parkinson & Parkinson|
|Architectural style||Beaux Arts|
|NRHP reference #||13000589|
|Added to NRHP||August 13, 2013|
The Hotel Rosslyn Annex is a historic building in Los Angeles, California built in 1923 at the corner of 5th and Main streets. The structure was designed by the firm Parkinson & Parkinson in the Beaux Arts style and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2013.
The building is across the street from the original 800-room Rosslyn Hotel built in 1914. Designed as a twin, both were topped by mammoth glowing signs featuring the names surrounded by a heart, the shape acknowledging the Hart brothers who owned the hotels.
The 264-unit building was renovated to house a mix of homeless veteran, low-income and market-rate tenants.
- Dory, Elysha (2011). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Hotel Rosslyn Annex" (PDF). National Park Service.
- Pool, Bob (October 31, 2014) "DOWNTOWN L.A. SPEAKEASY RESTS EASY — FOR NOW" Los Angeles Times
- Holland, Gale (September 9, 2014) "Restored Rosslyn Hotel annex will house 75 homeless veterans" Los Angeles Times
- "Builders Set Record for Skill and Speed". Los Angeles Times. December 29, 1923. p. I8.
- "New Unit of Great Hostelry". Los Angeles Times. December 29, 1923. p. I7.
- "Rosslyn Among Leading Hotels". Los Angeles Times. December 6, 1932. p. A12.
- "Thousands Seeks New Hostelry". Los Angeles Times. September 30, 1923. p. I4.
- Field, William Scott (1994). Parkinson Centennial: 100 Years of the Parkinson Architecture Firm in Los Angeles. Los Angeles: Parkinson Field Associates. OCLC 30798667.
- Gleye, Paul (1981). The Architecture of Los Angeles. Los Angeles: Rosebud Books. ISBN 9780865580046.
- Roseman, Curtis C.; Wallach, Ruth; Taube, Dace; McCann, Linda; DeVerteuil, Geoffrey (2004). The Historic Core of Los Angeles. Charleston, South Carolina: Arcadia Publishing. ISBN 9780738529240.
- "Rosslyn Hotel". Los Angeles Conservancy. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hotel Rosslyn Annex.|
- Media related to Rosslyn Hotel at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a property in Los Angeles County, California on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in Los Angeles is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|