Hotels in Moscow
In 2010 there were 267 hotels in Moscow. The city plans to increase the number of hotels to 535 in 2020.
Moscow hotel prices are usually very high, so that they tend to be half-empty even during peak holiday season. It has been suggested that low occupancy rates are due to a sharp decline in global travel since the global recession that started in 2007, and that Moscow authorities have demolished many Soviet-era mid-priced hotels to make room for expensive 5-star ones.
List of 5-star hotels in Moscow
- The St. Regis Moscow Nikolskaya
- Hotel Baltschug Kempinski Moscow
- Golden Ring Hotel
- Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya Hotel
- Hotel Metropol
- Lotte Hotel Moscow
- Radisson Royal Hotel Moscow (Hotel Ukraina)
- Savoy Hotel Moscow
- Swissôtel Krasnye Holmy Moscow
- Ararat Park Hyatt Moscow
Other notable hotels
- "Discount Moscow Hotels". Moscow Russia Insider's Guide.
- "Количество гостиниц в Москве удвоится" (in Russian). The Epoch Times.
- "Sky-high prices leave Moscow hotel rooms vacant". Russia Today. Archived from the original on November 14, 2010.
- "Hostel in Moscow (and where to book it!)". Moscow Russia Insider's Guide.