Hotelschool The Hague
|Hospitality Business School|
|Motto||At the heart of Hospitality|
|Type||University of Professional Education|
|Undergraduates||Bachelor of Business Administration|
|Postgraduates||Master of Science in Hospitality Management|
|Location||The Hague, Netherlands|
|Campus||The Hague, Amsterdam|
|Affiliations||Hotel Schools of Distinction|
Hotelschool The Hague is one of the independent single sector universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands.
- ‘’Hotelschool The Hague’’ was founded and funded in 1929 by HORECAF, the former employers’ organisation in the hotel and catering sector.
Since its foundation, the Hotelschool has become an international school specialised in hospitality management offering a 4-year bachelor's degree in Hotel and Hospitality Management. This degree course is also available as the accelerated International Fast Track Programme.
- In 2002, Hotelschool The Hague opened a campus in Amsterdam with the same curriculum as the campus in The Hague.
Bachelor of Business Administration in Hotel Management
Hotelschool The Hague offers a single bachelor's programme on its campuses in The Hague and Amsterdam. The programme is taught in English for both national as well as international students. The four-year bachelor's course results in an internationally recognised Bachelor of Business Administration in Hotel Management.
The bachelor's programme is a business study set in the context of hospitality, where students learn about hospitality from a strategic, tactical and operational perspective and participate in two internships abroad.
The university offers a Fast Track Programme for students with previous hospitality qualifications. The first two years of the regular bachelor's programme are replaced by a five-week programme in the summer, with the rest of the course equal to the regular course.
Master in Hospitality Management
Hotelschool The Hague offers a 13-month full-time MBA Programme with a focus on business development, concept innovation[clarification needed] and change management. In 2017, the MBA has been ranked Best Master of Business in the Netherlands.
The course programmes have been accredited by the Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO). In 2012, the bachelor's programme was accredited with an 'excellent' score for 11 out of 16 quality dimensions (objectives of the education, curriculum, personnel & faculty, facilities, quality management and results of the programme).
- In 2016 the hotel school was ranked number 12 of the Top 50 Hospitality And Hotel Management Schools In The World by CEOWORLD Magazine.
- In 2013 Hotelschool The Hague was ranked among the top 5 hospitality schools worldwide for preparing students for an international career in hospitality management. The survey was conducted by TNS Global.
- In 2006, Hotelschool The Hague was described as one of the best three international centers of hotel management by "Caterer & Hotel keeper"
Hotelschool The Hague has a group of lecturers, with experience in hospitality management education.
- D.J. Russell, Labour Law and Legal Issues of Hospitality.
- R. Gallicano, specialist in Food and Beverage trends in hospitality.
- D. Tromp, Statistical Research in the Hospitality Industry.
- S.L. Feigenbaum, Services Management and Strategy.
- G. L. Hepburn, M.A. [Leiden], M.A. Applied Ethics [Utrecht], Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- J. Lundy (Australia), Lecturer Management, Leadership and Human Resource Management.
- J. Wouters, Statistical Research in the Hospitality Industry
- A. de Visser-Amundson, Senior Lecturer in Marketing and business Model Innovation.
- Mr Fabian Fagel, Lecturer Operations and Strategic Management
- "Besluit strekkende tot het verlenen van accreditatie aan de opleiding HBO-bachelor Business Administration in Hotel Management van de Hotelschool Den Haag" (PDF). Nederlands-Vlaamse Accreditatieorganisatie (NVAO). 2014. Retrieved 9 August 2015.
- "Top 50 Hospitality And Hotel Management Schools In The World". CEOWORLD Magazine. 2016. Retrieved 4 March 2016.
- "International Hospitality Management Schools: 2013 Worldwide Industry Ranking Survey" (PDF). TNS Global. 2013. Retrieved 9 August 2015.
- "Education: Hotel schools". Caterer and Hotel Keeper. 2006. Retrieved 10 August 2015.