Hotshot (stock character)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (February 2011)|
The hotshot or badass is a stock character in works of fiction, known for taking more risks, action and pain than the other characters in the story. This type of character is usually present in action-driven tales. What differentiates the hotshot from an action hero is that a hotshot works within the context of a group or team. The Hotshot is not always the main hero or protagonist of the story. He or she is also not always the leader of the team. In some sense, the term can be applied to an "action-byronic hero".
Frequent characteristics of the hotshot character includes some level of arrogance, abrasive manners, aggressiveness, a tendency to prefer to be alone even to the point of working alone, and sometimes an inability to work with his/her teammates. Younger hotshot characters may exhibit attitudes that construe them as jerks, although they are cheerful and easy going with their team mates. What they all have in common is a tendency to have much of the action focused on them and a drive to fight longer and harder after his/her comrades have been put away. This may be because of a preference of the writer or editorial pressure or fan favoritism.
- James Bond, main character in his own franchise
- John Rambo in the Rambo film series
- Han Solo in the Star Wars films
- Knuckles the Echidna and Shadow the Hedgehog in the Sonic series.
- Martin Riggs in the Lethal Weapon series
- John McClane in the Die Hard film series
- Nick Conklin in Black Rain
- Flash and Batman in Justice League
- Duncan and Scott in Total Drama
- Wolverine in X-Men
- Hawkeye in The Avengers
- Jax Teller and Happy in Sons of Anarchy
- Col. Nick Fury in S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Jack Bauer in 24
- Robin and Raven in Teen Titans
- Priss Asagiri in Bubblegum Crisis
- Razer in the Green Lantern: The Animated Series
- Flint, Leatherneck and Lt. Falcon in the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero franchise
- Hot Shot from Transformers: Armada
- Johnny Strabler from The Wild One
- Johnny Storm aka the Human Torch from the Fantastic Four comics and film
- Ronon Dex in Stargate Atlantis
- Sergeant First Class William James in The Hurt Locker
- Barney Stinson in How I Met Your Mother
- Buttercup in Powerpuff Girls
- "Iceman" in Top Gun
- Cheetor in Beast Wars and Beast Machines
- Phoenix Ikki in the Saint Seiya franchise.
- Falco Lombardi in the Star Fox video games
- Lieutenant Starbuck and Kara Thrace, from the two versions of Battlestar Galactica
- Raphael from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series
- Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead
- Hot Rod from The Transformers: The Movie
|This article about a fictional character is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|