(Redirected from Hottentots)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Hottentot (racial term), both an ethnic term and a term of abuse
Ethnic groups and their languages
- Khoikhoi, the main ethnic group for which Hottentot was once the usual term in English
- Khoisan, a wider ethnic group including the Khoikhoi for which Hottentot was also widely used
- Hottentot Venus, term used for at least two Khoikhoi women exhibited as freak show attractions in nineteenth-century Europe
Species of animals and plants
- Hottentot (fish), a species of sea bream
- Africanis, a species of dog sometimes called 'Hottentot hunting dogs'
- Carpobrotus edulis, commonly known as 'hottentot-fig'
- Trachyandra, commonly known as 'hottentot cabbage'
- Hottentotta, a genus of scorpion
- A member of the Hottentot Corps, the first Coloured unit to be formed in the South African army
- Terre Haute Hottentots, a baseball team
- The Hottentot, a 1922 film based on a 1920 Broadway play of the same name
- The Hottentot, a 1929 film
- Hottentottilaulu ('The Hottentot Song'), a Finnish song.
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Hottentot.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.