From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up hound in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A hound is a type of dog that assists hunters by tracking or chasing the animal being hunted. Other uses include:
- Hound (Transformers), a fictional character from the various Transformers universes
- Hound, Hampshire, a village in the Borough of Eastleigh, UK
- Hounds (TV series), a 2012 television comedy series set around greyhound racing in Auckland, New Zealand
- Hound, a virtual assistant app developed by SoundHound.
Hound could also refer to:
- Hound & Horn, a literary quarterly founded by Harvard undergraduates Lincoln Kirstein and Varian Fry in 1927
- HMS Hound, a name given to fifteen ships of the Royal Navy
- The Danish ship Trost, also known as the Hunden ("Hound")
- Hounds (comics), the name given to several groups of mutant characters from Marvel Comics
- De Havilland Hound, a 1920s British two-seat day bomber built by De Havilland Aircraft Company at Stag Lane Aerodrome
- The Hounds, a rock band from the late 1970s who released an album called "Puttin' On The Dog"
- Sherlock Hound, an anime television series based on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes series where almost all the characters are depicted as anthropomorphic dogs
- Hound fitting, a component for rigging a sailboat, used to fasten the forestay to the mast instead of using a masthead block
- Sandor Clegane, a fictional character on HBO's fantasy television show Game of Thrones
- "Rigging Small Sailboats - Chapter 3". Glen-l.com. Retrieved 2013-12-26.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Hound.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.