Houndshill Shopping Centre
|Location||Blackpool, Lancashire, England|
|No. of stores and services||55+|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|No. of floors||1|
Construction on Houndshill began in 1978. A car park was also constructed above the shopping centre, spanning over 4 floors. It is the only indoor shopping centre in Blackpool.
In September 2008, a new extension was opened at a cost of over £30million; the extension featured Debenhams as the new flagship store and trebled the size of the shopping centre. The multistory car park was also expanded.
Stores within Houndshill include: JD, Next, Yours Clothing, Jack & Jones, River Island, Costa Coffee, New Look,Build-A-Bear Workshop, Disney Store, Deichmann, Footasylum, Superdrug, Pandora and Smiggle.
- "The Houndshill over the years - and what's next for Blackpool's shopping centre after £48m sale". Blackpool Gazette. 6 November 2019. Retrieved 18 April 2020.
- "New Houndshill nearing completion". Blackpool Gazette. 30 July 2008. Retrieved 25 January 2009.
- "Hounds Hill Shopping Centre Extension". Turley.
- "Blackpool Council buys Houndshill Shopping Centre for £47m". BBC News. 6 November 2019.
- Louise Topp (4 April 2011). "Blackpool Shopping". Virtual Tourist.
- "Blackpool - Houndshill Shopping Centre". Hynes Illingworth.