||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for web content. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
HousePriceCrash is a website about the housing bubble and general affordability in the British property market. Its daily news blog was ranked by The Times as one of the top 25 property blogs and one of the top 50 business blogs.
The Times has described the website as "where you can check whether your home is about to become worthless" and was also made their website of the week. It has a reputation for being very pessimistic on the economy, with Richard Simpson in the Guardian saying that it gives him the "urge to build a bunker and start stockpiling baked beans", and also a reputation for "a sense of the resentment and exclusion felt by those who cannot afford to buy." 
The site was established to collate and disseminate economic literature with specific regard to property in the UK and globally and "to act as a counterbalance to the huge amounts of positive spin the housing market receives in the main media." Since the site was established the late-2000s financial crisis has occurred and other issues discussed in depth include the credit crunch and its repercussions.
The website's former spokesman Jonathan Davis made various appearances in the media, including BBC Breakfast, BBC 6 O'clock and 10 O'clock News, Politics Show, Moneybox, Sky News, Panorama, ITN's The Tonight Programme and Bloomberg TV, as well as numerous radio appearances (e.g. Jeremy Vine, BBC Radio 5 Live) and in national newspapers including The Guardian, Libération and Forbes.
- Top 25 property blogs <this reference is behind a commercial paywall
- The 50 best business blogs
- Barely contained, by Martin Waller, April 8, 2005
- 16 April 2006
- Crash course to being mortgage free, Saturday April 26, 2008
- Living in a bubble didn't make us rich, Ruth Sunderland, The Observer, Sunday April 13, 2008
- "Whatever happened to the demolition of our housing market?" Sam Dunn. The Independent on Sunday. July 16, 2007.
- Lenders pull fixed-rate mortgages. Is a housing market crash coming?, by Rupert Jones and Patrick Collinson, The Guardian, Friday April 20, 2007
- Head to head: Will property prices crash? BBC News 2007-03-13
- Evan Davis on BBC 10 O'Clock News, Hosted by Google video
- End of the housing boom? by Peter Henley
- Mortgages and the housing market: Your questions, 24 September 2007
- Sky News, hosted by AOL video
- "Don't touch the housing market with a barge pole", The Guardian, Saturday December 5, 2007
- (French) Vends 6 m2 pour 230 000 euros, June 27, 2007
- England's Property Pendulum Swings The Other Way, Lionel Laurent, Forbes, 08.20.07