|Frequency||10 per year|
|Based in||New York City|
House Beautiful is an interior decorating magazine that focuses on decorating and the domestic arts. First published in 1896, it is currently published by the Hearst Corporation, who began publishing it in 1934. It is the oldest still-published magazine in what is known as the "shelter magazine" genre.
The magazine was launched in the UK in the early 1950s, positioned for young 'home-makers'; and it is still sold in the UK where it has a circulation of 118,290
- Eugene Klapp and Henry B. Harvey (1896–1897)
- Eugene Klapp (1897–1898)
- Herbert S. Stone (1898–1913)
- Virginia Robie (1913–1915)
- Mabel Kent (1915–1916)
- Grace Atkinson Kimball (1916–1918)
- Mabel Rollins (1918–1920)
- Charlotte Lewis (1921)
- Ellery Sedgwick (1922)
- Ethel B. Power (1923–1934)
- Arthur H. Samuels (1934–1936)
- Kenneth K. Stowell (1936–1941)
- Elizabeth Gordon (editor) (1941–1964)
- Sarah Tomerlin Lee (1965–1969)
- Wallace Guenther (1969–1977)
- Doris Shaw (1977–1978)
- JoAnn Barwick (1978–1991)
- Louis Oliver Gropp (1991–2000)
- Marian McEvoy (2000–2002)
- Mark Mayfield (2002–2005)
- Stephen Drucker (2005–2010)
- Newell Turner (2010–2015)
- Sophie Donelson (2015–2018)
- Joanna Saltz (2018–present)
- "eCirc for Consumer Magazines". Alliance for Audited Media. June 30, 2012. Archived from the original on April 18, 2014. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- "Top 10 Best Interior Design Magazines on USA". Home Design. Archived from the original on 24 February 2016. Retrieved 17 February 2016.
- Hearst Press Room
- "ABC Certificates and Reports: House Beautiful". Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 7 March 2014.
ABC Jul – Dec 2013, print and digital editions.
- Official website (US)
- Official website (UK)
- House Beautiful (US) at the HathiTrust
- Voices of Oklahoma interview with Charles Faudree. First person interview conducted on October 8, 2012, with Charles Faudree, interior designer featured in House Beautiful.
- Thoughts of Home: Reflections on Families, Houses, and Homelands from the Pages of House Beautiful Magazine