September 2009 cover of House Beautiful
|Frequency||10 per year|
|Based in||New York City|
House Beautiful is an interior decorating magazine that focuses on decorating and the domestic arts. First published in 1896, it is currently published by the Hearst Corporation, who began publishing it in 1934. It is the oldest still-published magazine in what is known by publishers as the "shelter magazine" genre.
The magazine was launched in the UK in the early 1950s, positioned for young 'home-makers'; and it is still sold in the UK where it has a circulation of 118,290
- Eugene Klapp and Henry B. Harvey (1896-1897)
- Eugene Klapp (1897-1898)
- Herbert S. Stone (1898-1913)
- Virginia Robie (1913-1915)
- Mabel Kent (1915-1916)
- Grace Atkinson Kimball (1916-1918)
- Mabel Rollins (1918-1920)
- Charlotte Lewis (1921)
- Ellery Sedgwick (1922)
- Ethel B. Power (1923-1934)
- Arthur H. Samuels (1934-1936)
- Kenneth K. Stowell (1936-1941)
- Elizabeth Gordon (Norcross) (1941-1964)
- Sarah Tomerlin Lee (1965-1969)
- Wallace Guenther (1969-1977)
- Doris Shaw (1977-1978)
- JoAnn Barwick (1978-1991)
- Louis Oliver Gropp (1991-2000)
- Marian McEvoy (2000-2002)
- Mark Mayfield (2002-2005)
- Stephen Drucker (2005-2010)
- Newell Turner (2010–2015)
- Sophie Donelson (2015-present)
- "eCirc for Consumer Magazines". Alliance for Audited Media. June 30, 2012. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- "Top 10 Best Interior Design Magazines on USA". Home Design. Retrieved 17 February 2016.
- Hearst Press Room
- "ABC Certificates and Reports: House Beautiful". Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 7 March 2014.
ABC Jul - Dec 2013, print and digital editions.
|This article relating to a magazine connected with the visual arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.