House Party 2
|House Party 2|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Doug McHenry
|Produced by||Doug McHenry
|Written by||Daryl G. Nickens
|Based on||Characters created by
|Starring||Christopher "Kid" Reid
Christopher "Play" Martin
|Music by||Vassal Benford|
|Edited by||Joel Goodman|
|Distributed by||New Line Cinema|
House Party 2, the sequel to the 1990 film House Party, was released in October 1991 by New Line Cinema, and returns most of the cast of the first film along with new cast members such as Queen Latifah and Iman, and more guest appearances by other famous entertainers, such as Tony! Toni! Toné! and Ralph Tresvant.
House Party 2 basically has the same premise as the first, except for the fact that it is a pajama party instead of a regular house party. This film was dedicated to the memory of Robin Harris, who played "Pops" in the first film.
|This article needs an improved plot summary. (April 2015)|
After Play gives Kid's college scholarship check to a con artist Sheila Landreaux posing as a record executive. Kid, Play, Bilal, Stab, Zilla,& Pee Wee go to the record company to cut and record a demo until the cops arrive and tell them don't give no money to Sheila, Kid and Play fight each other over the scholarship check. The con artists Sheila and Rick sweet talk,manipulate and trick Sydney's college roommate Zora into signing a record deal with them. Kid is doing a page assignment for Professor Sinclair while Play, Bilal, and Jamal are having fun with girls in Kid's dorm room. Kid is given one week by the dean (Dean Kramer) to pay his tuition fee or face being kicked out of college. The dean takes Kid's student ID, The deans assistant Miles helps Kid with an extension and a job in the kitchen working for Mr.Lee in order to stay in college and to make expenses meet. Kid steals the key to the faculty dining hall. In order to raise the money, Kid, Play, Bilal and Kid's roommate, Jamal secretly hold a pajama themed party for the students in the faculty dining hall to raise money for Kid to stay in college until Play sees the con artists and Kid sees Miles with Sydney. Kid, Play and campus security go upstairs to stop the con artists and Miles. Kid fights Miles on the faculty dining roof. The dean and the police comes in to stop the party. Play tells the dean where Kid's check went to the con artists, Rick and Sheila are arrested and Miles is arrested and fired from his job. The dean tells Kid,Play,Bilal and Jamal to clean up the faculty dining hall or they will face expulsion. Mr.Lee arrives and he is disappointed at Kid for throwing the party in the faculty dining hall without permission and threatens Kid until he gives the money to Mr.Lee for the damages. Kid goes to his pop's grave in the cemetery feeling down until Play arrives, Kid still mad at Play for the check and moves out of the college dorm until Play arrives with the tuition money and gives it to Kid and apologizes to him and they become friends, Kid moves back to his dorm to finish college. Meanwhile,Kid's former high school rivals Stab, Zilla & Pee Wee take jobs as campus security in order to make Kid's life miserable one more time as Kid tries to balance work and study along with his relationship with Sydney.
|This section may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards, as dashes. (April 2015)|
- Christopher "Kid" Reid — Christopher Robinson (Kid)
- Christopher "Play" Martin — Peter Martin (Play)
- Martin Lawrence — Bilal
- "Paul Anthony" George (of Full Force) — Stab
- Lucien "Bowlegged Lou" George, Jr. (of Full Force) — Pee-Wee
- Brian "B-Fine" George (of Full Force) — Zilla
- Tisha Campbell — Sidney
- Kamron (of Young Black Teenagers) — Jamal
- Iman — Sheila Landreaux
- Queen Latifah — Zora
- Georg Stanford Brown — Prof. Sinclair
- Louie Louie — Rick
- Helen Martin — Mrs. Deevers
- William Schallert — Dean Kramer
- Tony Burton — Mr. Lee
- Christopher Judge — Miles
- Angela Nicholson - Salena
- Christopher Michael — Cop #1
- Barry Diamond — Cop #2
- Whoopi Goldberg — The Professor (uncredited) (cameo)
- Ralph Tresvant (Special Guest Appearance)
- Tony! Toni! Toné! (Special Guest Appearance)
- Gene "Groove" Allen — Groove (cameo)
- Daryl "Chill" Mitchell — Chill (cameo)
- Robin Harris — Pop (uncredited) (archive footage)
A soundtrack containing hip hop and R&B music was released on October 15, 1991 by MCA Records. It peaked at 55 on the Billboard 200 and 23 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums, becoming the most successful of the House Party soundtracks.
The movie debuted at No.1 at the box office.
- "House Party 2". Box Office Mojo. IMDB.
- "House Party 2". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2013-05-29.
- Fox, David J. (1991-10-29). "Weekend Box Office `House Party 2' Takes Top Spot". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2010-11-12.