House of Broken Love
|"House of Broken Love"|
|Single by Great White|
|from the album ...Twice Shy|
|B-side||"Bitches and Other Women / Red House (live)"|
|Genre||Glam metal, blues rock|
|Songwriter(s)||Mark Kendall, Michael Lardie and Alan Niven|
|Producer(s)||Alan Niven and Michael Lardie|
|Great White singles chronology|
Great White's lead singer Jack Russell stated in an interview with the BBC's The Friday Rock Show that the song is about being alone. He had recently gone through a divorce and was with bandmate Mark Kendall—who had also recently broken up—when the band's manager walked in and said, "What is this, the house of broken love?"
The band played the song at the American Music Awards of 1990.
|UK Singles (OCC)||44|
|US Billboard Hot 100||83|
|US Mainstream Rock (Billboard)||7|
- "...Twice Shy Billboard Singles". AllMusic. Retrieved August 19, 2011.
- "House Of Broken Love by Great White". Songfacts.com. Retrieved August 19, 2011.
- Romine, Linda (March 8, 1990). "Great White: Us Offensive? Us!". Record-Journal: 36. Retrieved August 19, 2011.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- "Great White Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved 16 February 2021.
- "Great White Chart History (Mainstream Rock)". Billboard. Retrieved 16 February 2021.