House of Goblet d'Alviella
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Goblet d'Alviella
- Count Albert Joseph Goblet d'Alviella (1790-1873), officer
- Eugène, Count Goblet d'Alviella (10 August 1846 – 9 September 1925) was a lawyer, liberal senator of Belgium and a Professor of the history of religions and rector of the Université libre de Bruxelles. He was the father of Félix.
- Félix, Count Goblet d'Alviella (Elsene, 26 May 1884-Brussels, 7 February 1957) was a Belgian lawyer, director of the Revue de Belgique, alderman and Olympic fencer. He was married to Eva Boël (1883–1956). He was a son of Eugène, and the father of Jean Goblet d'Alviella. He won a silver medal in the team épée competition at the 1920 Summer Olympics.
- Jean, Count Goblet d'Alviella (1921-13 July 1990), was the mayor of Court-Saint-Étienne. He was married with June Corfield. Together they have four children: Richard, Christine, Patrick, and Michael. He is a son of Félix Goblet d'Alviella.
- Count Richard Goblet d'Alviella (born 6 July 1948) is a Belgian businessman, who studied economics at the Université libre de Bruxelles, (Brussels), and obtained an MBA at the Harvard Business School. He is a son of Jean Goblet d'Alviella. On 22 July 1971, he married countess Veronique d'Oultremont. He is a member of the board of directors of the Groupe Danone and Sofina, director and member of the audit committee of the Delhaize Group, and SES.
- Count Michael Goblet d'Alviella is a Belgian liberal politician, former consul-general (Jerusalem, 1995–98), and mayor of Court-Saint-Étienne. He is a son of Jean Goblet d'Alviella.
Sources and references
- "Félix Goblet d'Alviella Olympic Results". sports-reference.com. Archived from the original on 2012-11-05. Retrieved 2010-03-21.
- "Olympics Statistics: Félix Goblet d'Alviella". databaseolympics.com. Retrieved 2010-03-21.[permanent dead link]
- Greer Fay Cashman (24 July 1998). "Grapevine". Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 19 January 2011.
JERUSALEM mayor Ehud Olmert declined the invitation to a farewell reception for Belgian Consul General Count Michael Goblet dAlviella and the Countess ...