House of Representatives Electoral Tribunal
|House of Representatives Electoral Tribunal|
|Composition method||Designation of the Chief Justice|
Nomination by the House of Representatives
|No. of positions||9|
The House of Representatives Electoral Tribunal (HRET) is an electoral tribunal that decides election protests in the House of Representatives of the Philippines. It consists of six representatives and three justices of the Supreme Court of the Philippines, who are designated by the Chief Justice. The equivalent tribunals for elections to the upper house is the Senate Electoral Tribunal and for president is the Presidential Electoral Tribunal. The tribunal is located at SET-HRET Building, Commission on Audit Compound, Quezon City.
The chairman is always the most senior associate justice of the Supreme Court.
|Diosdado Peralta||Nonpartisan||N/A||Supreme Court associate justice (Chairman)|
|Mariano del Castillo||Nonpartisan||N/A||Supreme Court associate justice|
|Marvic Leonen||Nonpartisan||N/A||Supreme Court associate justice|
|Jorge Almonte||PDP-Laban||Misamis Occidental–1st||August 8, 2016–present||Representative from the majority|
|Rodel Batocabe||Ako Bicol||Party-list||August 8, 2016–present||Representative from the majority|
|Abigail Faye C. Ferriol-Pascual||Kalinga||Party-list||August 15, 2016–present||Representative from the minority|
|Jun Chipeco, Jr.||Liberal||Laguna–2nd||September 13, 2016–present||Representative from the majority|
|Jose Carlos Cari||PDP-Laban||Leyte–5th||September 28, 2016–present||Representative from the majority|
|Abdullah Dimaporo||PDP-Laban||Lanao del Norte–1st||December 14, 2014–present||Representative from the majority|
- 1998 election:
- 2001 election:
- 2004 election:
- 2007 election:
- 2013 election:
- Diaz, Jess (August 8, 2014). "Reduction in Senate electoral tribunal's funding sought". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "MA. AMELITA C. VILLAROSA, PETITIONER, VS. THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES ELECTORAL TRIBUNAL AND RICARDO V. QUINTOS, RESPONDENTS". Senate Electoral Tribunal. 2010-09-14. Retrieved 2016-05-31.
- "Jimenez disqualified as congressman". Gulf News. 2003-03-07. Retrieved 2016-05-31.
- "MJ appeals disqualification from House seat". Philstar News. 2003-03-19. Retrieved 2016-05-31.
- "Laguna solon loses HRET appeal". ABS-CBN News. 2009-04-29. Retrieved 2016-05-31.
- "G. R. No. 187478". Supreme Court of the Philippines. 2009-12-01. Retrieved 2016-05-31.
- "G. R. No. 185401". Supreme Court of the Philippines. 2009-07-21. Retrieved 2016-05-31.
- "G. R. No. 222236" (PDF). Supreme Court of the Philippines. 2016-05-03. Retrieved 2016-05-31.