House of Thurn and Taxis line of succession
|Part of a series on|
|Orders of succession|
a Kingdom / Grand Duchy / Duchies.
The former German princely House of Thurn and Taxis exists through several extant lines descending from Alexander Ferdinand, 3rd Prince of Thurn and Taxis. The law of succession is agnatic primogeniture, only allowing males to succeed to the princely (German: Fürst) title. The current nominal successor Head of the House of Thurn and Taxis is Albert, 12th Prince of Thurn and Taxis, and as such assumes the aristonym Fürst von Thurn und Taxis (Prince of Thurn and Taxis) as a traditional title.
Line of succession
- Head of the house: Albert, 12th Prince of Thurn and Taxis (born 1983)
Alexander Ferdinand→Karl Anselm→Karl Alexander→Maximilian Karl→Maximilian Anton Lamoral→Albert→
- Albrecht Prince of Thurn and Taxis (b. 1930)
Alexander Ferdinand→Maximilian Joseph→Karl Anselm→Hugo Maximilian→Alexander Johann→Erich Lamoral→Johann→
- Friedrich Prince of Thurn and Taxis (b. 1950)
- Karl Ferdinand Prince of Thurn and Taxis (b. 1952) three sons without dynastic rights
- Maximilian Prince of Thurn and Taxis (b. 1955)
- Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels, Fürstliche Häuser XV, C.A. Starke Verlag, 1997, pp.474, 475, 480