House of Wedlock
|House of Wedlock|
|Directed by||Kichitaro Negishi|
|Written by||Yoshimitsu Morita|
New Century Producers (NCP)
Tokiko Enomoto finds out that her husband Kazuya, who mostly lives at an apartment near his work while she and their children live at home, has been having an affair with a live-in mistress, Ryōko, at his apartment. Tokiko tells her two sons, Tarō and Jirō, that she has decided to divorce their father. The children are shocked but understand their mother's position. Kazuya realizes the damage he has done and tries to remedy the situation.
- Yukiyo Toake as Tokiko Enomoto
- Kunie Tanaka as Kazuya Enomoto
- Masatoshi Murakami (村上雅俊?) as Tarō Enomoto
- Shinji Motoyama (本山真二?) as Jirō Enomoto
- Mariko Fuji (藤真利子?) as Ryōko
- Saburo Tokito (時任三郎?) as the photographer
- Keiko Saito (斉藤慶子?)
The screenplay for the film, based on a novel by Agata Hikari, was written by director Yoshimitsu Morita. The film has been described as "one of the forerunners of Japanese new age movies in the 80s."
Awards and nominations
- Nominated: Best Screenplay - Yoshimitsu Morita
- Won: Best Film
- Won: Best Screenplay - Yoshimitsu Morita
- Won: Best Film
- Won: Best Actor - Kunie Tanaka
- ウホッホ探険隊 (in Japanese). AllCinema. Retrieved 2011-11-27. External link in
- Jacoby, Alexander (2008). A Critical Handbook of Japanese Film Directors. Berkeley: Stone Bridge Press. p. 213. ISBN 978-1-933330-53-2.
- "10th Japan Academy Prizes" (in Japanese). Japan Academy Prize. Retrieved 2011-11-27. External link in
- 第８回ヨコハマ映画祭 １９８６年日本映画個人賞 (in Japanese). Yokohama Film Festival. Retrieved 2010-01-09.
- "Cinema Hochi Awards - Table" (in Japanese). Cinema Hochi. Archived from the original on 2013-10-19. Retrieved 2011-11-27. External link in
- "House of Wedlock" (in Japanese). JMDB.
- "House of Wedlock at AllCinema" (in Japanese).
- House of Wedlock at the Internet Movie Database
|This article related to a Japanese film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|