House of Yes: Live from House of Blues
|House of Yes: Live from House of Blues|
|Live album by Yes|
|Released||September 25, 2000|
|Recorded||October 31, 1999|
Eagle Records (U.K.)|
Beyond Music (U.S.)
House of Yes: Live from House of Blues is a double live CD by progressive rock band Yes. It was also released as a triple album on vinyl in a single sleeve. The album was recorded on Halloween night in 1999 at the House of Blues at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, during touring obligations for the band's studio album, The Ladder.
Guitarist Billy Sherwood had already left Yes by the time House of Yes: Live from House of Blues was released in September 2000, and keyboardist Igor Khoroshev was fired later that year after a controversy involving backstage sexual harassment at Nissan Pavilion near Washington, D.C., making House of Yes the last Yes release with him and the last release with Sherwood until Topographic Drama – Live Across America in 2017. Following these departures, Yes had reverted to the four core members of Jon Anderson, Chris Squire, Steve Howe and Alan White.
House of Yes: Live from House of Blues was also released as a DVD and both formats of the project were generally well-received critically and by Yes's legions of fans. It did, however, omit the footage of Yes playing "Close to the Edge" and "Hearts" at the show.
- "Yours Is No Disgrace" (Jon Anderson, Chris Squire, Steve Howe, Tony Kaye, Bill Bruford) – 13:04
- "Time and a Word" (Anderson, David Foster) – 0:58
- "Homeworld (The Ladder)" (Anderson, Howe, Billy Sherwood, Squire, Alan White, Igor Khoroshev) – 9:45
- "Perpetual Change" (Anderson, Squire) – 10:49
- "Lightning Strikes" (Anderson, Howe, Sherwood, Squire, White, Khoroshev) – 5:07
- "The Messenger" (Anderson, Howe, Sherwood, Squire, White, Khoroshev) – 6:39
- "Ritual (Nous Sommes Du Soleil)" (Anderson, Howe, Squire, Rick Wakeman, White) – 0:59
- "And You and I" (Anderson; themes by Bruford, Howe, Squire) – 11:25
- I. "Cord of Life"
- II. "Eclipse" (Anderson; Squire, Bruford)
- III. "The Preacher the Teacher"
- IV. "Apocalypse"
- "It Will Be a Good Day (The River)" (Anderson, Howe, Sherwood, Squire, White, Khoroshev) – 6:29
- "Face to Face" (Anderson, Howe, Sherwood, Squire, White, Khoroshev) – 5:32
- "Awaken" (Anderson, Howe) – 17:35
- "I've Seen All Good People" – 7:28
- a. "Your Move" (Anderson)
- b. "All Good People" (Squire)
- "Cinema" (Squire, Trevor Rabin, White, Kaye) – 1:58
- "Owner of a Lonely Heart" (Rabin, Anderson, Squire, Trevor Horn) – 6:04
- "Roundabout" (Anderson, Howe) – 7:43
House of Yes: Live from House of Blues (Eagle EAGCD158) failed to chart in the US but reached #154 in the UK.
- Jon Anderson: vocals
- Steve Howe: lead guitars, backing vocals
- Billy Sherwood: guitar, backing vocals
- Chris Squire: bass, backing vocals
- Igor Khoroshev: keyboards
- Alan White: drums
- Hill, G. (2011). "House of Yes: Live From House of Blues - Yes | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 25 July 2011.
- Felt, Hunter (7 April 2005). "Yes: House of Yes: Live from the House of Blues [DVD] | PopMatters". popmatters.com. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- Spencer Patterson (November 29, 2002). "Does prog-rock love Las Vegas? Yes". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved 2018-02-09.