Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council
Logo of HUDCC
|Type||Housing, Urban Development|
|Headquarters||9/F BDO Plaza, Paseo de Roxas, Makati City|
|Parent agency||Office of the President of the Philippines|
The Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council of the Philippines, abbreviated as HUDCC, is the umbrella agency of various housing and development offices of the Government of the Republic of the Philippines. It was established by President Corazon Aquino through Executive Order No. 90, Series of 1986.
Executive Order No. 20, Series of 2001 effectively elevated the chairperson of the HUDCC as a cabinet official, with the officeholder holding the rank of Secretary, subject to the approval of the Commission on Appointments. However, since the administration of President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, it has been designated as the cabinet portfolio of the Vice President of the Philippines, thus needing no confirmation by the Commission on Appointment as stipulated by the Philippine Constitution.
Vice Presidents Noli de Castro and Jejomar Binay headed the agency during their tenures, although Binay resigned from the post before his term as deputy chief executive lapsed. On July 7, 2016, President Rodrigo Duterte appointed Vice President Leni Robredo as chairperson of the HUDCC; however, on December 5, Robredo resigned from the post. She was replaced by Cabinet Secretary, Leoncio Evasco Jr. Gen. Eduardo Del Rosario (Ret.), the current chairperson, now heads the council.
- Foundation, ITC@Arellano Law. "Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council". lawphil.net. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "1987 CONSTITUTION OF THE REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES - CHAN ROBLES VIRTUAL LAW LIBRARY". chanrobles.com. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "PNoy accepts VP Binay's resignation from Cabinet". gmanetwork.com. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- Corrales, Nestor. "Duterte appoints Robredo as HUDCC chief". inquirer.net. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Robredo resigns as Housing secretary". ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs. December 4, 2016. Retrieved December 4, 2016.