Calcomp Technology, Inc., usually known as Calcomp, was a company best known for its Calcomp plotters, which it was founded to produce in 1959. It produced a wide range of plotters (both drum and flat-bed), digitizers, thermal transfer color printers, thermal plotters (InfoWorld June 13, 1994 p. 40) and other graphic input/output devices. It also produced IBM plug compatible (PCM) disk and tape products. The disk products ranged from 2311 (CD-1) through 3350 equivalents. The tape product was a 3420 equivalent.
CalComp (California Computer Products), Anaheim, California was bought by Lockheed in the 1980s.
- Technical Services and spare parts: CalGraph Technology Services, Inc.
- TechJet 5500 Large Format Inkjet Plotter / Printer Information: CalComp Graphics.
- Digitizer, Tablets and scanners: GTCO CalComp, Inc.
- Film Imaging Systems: EcoPro Imaging (now part of OYO Instruments)
- Cutter and sign maker products: Westcomp
Houston Instruments was a manufacturer of pen plotters. They used the DMPL plotting control language. They competed with Hewlett Packard plotters such as the HP 7470. They were purchased by Summagraphics.
- DMP-40, DMP-41, DMP-42
- DMP-50, DMP-51, DMP-51MP, DMP-52, DMP-52MP, DMP-55, DMP-56
- DMP-60, DMP-61, DMP-61DL, DMP-62, DMP-62DL, DMP-63, DMP-64, DMP-65C
- DMP-161, DMP-162, DMP-162R
Drivers for their tablets are located at: http://www.gtcocalcomp.com/supportsummasoftware.htm
- Calcomp (1991). Colormaster Plus: Models 6603PS and 6613PS User's Guide. CalComp. Retrieved 2015-01-06.
- InfoWorld. InfoWorld Media Group, Inc. p. 111. ISSN 0199-6649. Retrieved 2015-01-06.
- "Calcomp company and contact information". computerhope.com. Retrieved 2015-01-06.
- "CalComp Graphics". calcompgraphics.com. Retrieved 2015-01-06.
- "Houston Instruments DMP-60 Plotter - YouTube Demo video". youtube.com. Retrieved 2015-01-06.
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|