How Country Feels
|How Country Feels|
|Studio album by Randy Houser|
|Released||January 22, 2013|
|Randy Houser chronology|
|Singles from How Country Feels|
|Taste of Country|||
How Country Feels is the third studio album by American country music artist Randy Houser. It was released on January 22, 2013, through Stoney Creek Records. Houser wrote seven of the album's fifteen tracks. The album was produced by Derek George, a former member of the bands Pearl River and Williams Riley. The album's first single, the title track, became Houser's first Number One song on the Billboard Country Airplay chart. Its second single, "Runnin' Outta Moonlight", was released to country radio on March 4, 2013. The album's third single, "Goodnight Kiss", was released to country radio on September 23, 2013. The album's fourth single, "Like a Cowboy", was released to country radio on May 19, 2014.
The album has sold 228,000 copies in the US as of January 2015.
The album features a duet with Kristy Lee Cook on "Wherever Love Goes," which was later re-recorded and released in August 2013 as a single with Cook as the lead artist and Houser as the featured.
Giving How Country Feels an A-minus, Tammy Ragusa of Country Weekly praised the "authenticity" of Houser's voice and said that the "project is overflowing with hooky, singalong tracks." Taste of Country gave the album four stars out of five, saying that it was an "even effort with no bruises, but few moments that take your breath away," and saying Houser proved he "is one of country music’s top male vocalists."
|1.||"Runnin' Outta Moonlight"||Dallas Davidson, Ashley Gorley, Kelley Lovelace||3:13|
|2.||"Growin' Younger"||Randy Houser, Brett James, Justin Weaver||4:53|
|3.||"Top of the World"||Rob Hatch, Vicky McGehee, Lance Miller, Jason Sellers||3:17|
|4.||"The Singer"||Drew Smith, Trent Willmon||4:20|
|5.||"Power of a Song"||Houser, Cory Batten, Kent Blazy||3:42|
|6.||"Absolutely Nothing"||Lee Brice, Joe Leathers, McGehee||3:02|
|7.||"Wherever Love Goes" (with Kristy Lee Cook)||Sellers, Neil Thrasher, Paul Jenkins||4:16|
|8.||"Like a Cowboy"||Houser, Brice Long||4:21|
|9.||"How Country Feels"||McGehee, Wendell Mobley, Thrasher||3:05|
|10.||"Along for the Ride"||Zac Brown, Levi Lowrey, Houser||3:35|
|11.||"Sunshine on the Line"||Davidson, Houser||3:20|
|12.||"Goodnight Kiss"||Hatch, Sellers, Houser||3:26|
|13.||"Let's Not Let It"||Ash Bowers, Lisa Hentrich, Thrasher||3:10|
|14.||"Shine"||Mobley, Thrasher, Trent Summar||4:57|
|15.||"Route 3 Box 250 D"||Rhett Akins, Ben Hayslip, Houser||3:52|
- Tom Bukovac - electric guitar
- Vanessa Campagna - background vocals
- Kristy Lee Cook - background vocals on "Wherever Love Goes"
- J.T. Corenflos - electric guitar
- Derek George - acoustic guitar, electric guitar, harmonica, keyboards, programming, background vocals
- Larry Hall - string arrangements
- Lee Hendricks - bass guitar
- Wes Hightower - background vocals
- Randy Houser - lead vocals
- Mike Johnson - pedal steel guitar
- Troy Lancaster - electric guitar
- B. James Lowry - acoustic guitar
- Rob McNelley - electric guitar
- Richard Madenfort - electric guitar
- James Mitchell - electric guitar
- Steve Nathan - keyboards
- Mickey Raphael - harmonica
- Michael Rhodes - bass guitar
- Russell Terrell - background vocals
- Scotty Sanders - pedal steel guitar
- John Henry Trinko - keyboards
- Lonnie Wilson - drums, percussion
- Casey Wood - accordion, keyboards, percussion
|US Billboard 200||11|
|US Billboard Top Country Albums||3|
|US Billboard Independent Albums||3|
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions|
|US Country||US Country Airplay||US||CAN Country
|2012||"How Country Feels"||6||1||42||1||46|
|2013||"Runnin' Outta Moonlight"||3||1||24||1||44|
|2014||"Like a Cowboy"||9||3||62||6||87|
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "How Country Feels review". Allmusic. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- Ragusa, Tammy (January 28, 2012). "Reviews: How Country Feels". Country Weekly. 20 (44): 50. ISSN 1074-3235.
- "Randy Houser, 'How Country Feels' – Album Review". Taste of Country. January 22, 2013. Retrieved January 23, 2013.
- Whitaker, Sterling (December 7, 2012). "Randy Houser Announces 'How Country Feels' Track Listing, Release Date". Taste of Country. Retrieved December 25, 2012.
- "Randy Houser 'How Country Feels' Album Release Date, Cover, Track List Revealed". The Boot. December 4, 2012. Retrieved December 25, 2012.
- Wyland, Sarah (December 5, 2012). "Randy Houser Will Release How Country Feels on January 22". Great American Country. Retrieved December 25, 2012.
- Evans-Price, Deborah (January 22, 2013). "Randy Houser, 'How Country Feels' Has New Father Opening Up Like Never Before". The Boot. Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- Matt Bjorke (January 8, 2015). "Country Album Chart Report For January 8, 2015". Roughstock. sales figures given here
- "Randy Houser Album & Song Chart History - Canada Country". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- "R&R :: Going For Adds :: Country". Radio & Records. Retrieved April 28, 2014.