How Do You Fall in Love
|"How Do You Fall in Love"|
|Single by Alabama|
|from the album For the Record|
|Released||July 26, 1998|
|Alabama singles chronology|
"How Do You Fall in Love" is a song written Randy Owen, Teddy Gentry and Greg Fowler, and recorded by American country music group Alabama. It was released in July 1998 as the first single from their compilation album For the Record. It peaked at number 2 in the United States, and number 9 in Canada.
Deborah Evans Price, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably, calling it a "beautiful ballad, ripe with simple, universal truths about the mercurial nature of love and relationships." She goes on to say that Owen's "endearing vocal performance is as warm and comfortable as wrapping yourself in a favorite blanket."
The music video was directed by Brent Hedgecock, and features the band singing the song in the rain.
"How Do You Fall in Love" debuted at number 57 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of August 1, 1998.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||9|
|US Billboard Hot 100||82|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||93|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||62|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 20. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Billboard, August 15, 1998
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 7023." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. November 9, 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "Alabama Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Alabama Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1998". RPM. December 14, 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "Best of 1998: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|