How Do You Live? (film)
|How Do You Live?|
|Directed by||Hayao Miyazaki|
|Produced by||Toshio Suzuki|
|Based on||How Do You Live?|
by Yoshino Genzaburo
How Do You Live? (きみたちはどういきるか Kimitachi wa dō ikiru ka) is an upcoming Japanese epic fantasy action adventure animated film directed by Hayao Miyazaki and animated by Studio Ghibli. The film is named after the 1937 book of the same name written by Genzaburo Yoshino. The film has an anticipated release before the 2020 Summer Olympics, although the date is not definite.
The film is about how this particular book entitled How Do You Live? is featured prominently in the protagonist’s life.
Miyazaki commenced animation work in July 2016, later confirmed by studio executive Toshio Suzuki. With Miyazaki coming out of retirement, Studio Ghibli re-opened with many of the past collaborators working on the project. Numerous contracts for three-year terms were issued.
In October 2017, Studio Ghibli announced the film will be titled How Do You Live?
Toshio Suzuki revealed that Miyazaki is working on the film for his grandson as his way of saying "Grandpa is moving onto the next world soon but he is leaving this film behind because he loves you".
- "Hayao Miyazaki's Final Film Title is How Do You Live?". The Outerhaven. 2017-10-28. Archived from the original on 2018-02-21. Retrieved 2018-03-03.
- Cavna, Michael (2018-01-05). "Perspective As Hayao Miyazaki turns 77, fans are looking to the legend's 'last' movie". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Archived from the original on 2018-02-18. Retrieved 2018-03-03.
- "Ghibli's Hayao Miyazaki Reveals His 'Final' Film's Title, Release Window". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on 2018-02-24. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "Studio Ghibli reopens for Hayao Miyazaki's new film". Engadget. Archived from the original on 2017-12-14. Retrieved 2018-03-03.
- "Details Revealed on Hayao Miyazaki's New Anime Film HOW DO YOU LIVE?". GeekTyrant. Archived from the original on 2018-02-13. Retrieved 2018-03-03.
|This anime-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|