How Do You Sleep? (Jesse McCartney song)
|"How Do You Sleep?"|
|Single by Jesse McCartney featuring Ludacris|
|from the album Departure: Recharged|
|Released||January 20, 2009 (remix)|
|Format||Digital download, airplay|
3:43 (Album Version)|
3:18 (Radio Edit)
3:28 (Remix ft/ Ludacris)
|Songwriter(s)||Sean Garrett, Raymond Oglesby|
|Jesse McCartney singles chronology|
|Ludacris singles chronology|
|on YouTube (posted by Hollywood Records)|
"How Do You Sleep?" received favorable reviews. Billboard gave the song a positive review: "While his previous single 'It's Over' failed to achieve the same success as his No. 1 top 40 hit 'Leavin',' Jesse McCartney keeps the ball rolling with 'How Do You Sleep?' from his 2008 CD Departure. He croons about his lost love, 'It's been about a year now/ Ain't seen or heard from you/Been missing you crazy,' to a twangin' hip-hop beat co-penned and co-produced by R&B master Sean Garrett. R&B and rhythmic stations smart enough to embrace Justin Timberlake would be wise to indulge another white boy, who fuels the fire with remixes featuring Ludacris. McCartney has certainly grown up; now it's time that radio gave this talent his just deserts: sustained stardom." About.com stated, "The beats here give an insistent atmosphere that will make 'How Do You Sleep?' hard to forget and added that with raps from Ludacris adds a great muscular addition to the song."
McCartney said the following about collaborating with Ludacris: "I've been a fan of Luda's throughout his career and having him on this track was an amazing honor. He's innovative across the board and always brings the freshest lyrics to any track."
An official live performance promo video for the single was released on December 18, 2008. It is collected footage from McCartney on tour.
McCartney stated in an interview backstage at B96's Jingle Ball 2008, that the shooting of the official music video for the single started in January 2009. The official video premiered on McCartney's MySpace page on March 3, 2009.
Katy Perry makes a cameo in both videos. In the live video she is seen giving Jesse a hug backstage while in the remix video she only appears on a photograph in Jesse's car.
- "How Do You Sleep?" [Radio Edit] — 3:18
- "How Do You Sleep?" [Album Version Radio Edit] — 3:22
- "How Do You Sleep?" [Album Version] — 3:43
- "How Do You Sleep?" [Main Version] — 3:32 (featuring Ludacris)
- "How Do You Sleep?" [Rhythmic Radio Mix] — 3:48 (featuring Ludacris)
- "How Do You Sleep?" [Rhythmic Radio Mix - No Rap] — 3:28
- "How Do You Sleep?" [Bonus Video]
- "Radio Industry News, Music Industry Updates, Arbitron Ratings, Music News and more!". FMQB. Archived from the original on 2010-10-28. Retrieved 2012-02-22.
- "Radio Industry News, New Music, Music Promotion, Radio Station Song Charts". AllAccess.com. Retrieved 2012-02-22.
-  Archived February 5, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Jesse McCartney - How Do You Sleep - Review of the Single How Do You Sleep Including a Ludacris Remix". Top40.about.com. Retrieved 2012-02-22.
- "· • · JESSE McCARTNEY · THE OFFICIAL FAN CLUB · "How Do You Sleep?" Remix Featuring Ludacris · • ·". Jessemac.com. Archived from the original on 2011-07-13. Retrieved 2012-02-22.
- Herndon, Jessica (2009-01-07). "FIRST LISTEN: Jesse McCartney and Ludacris Collaborate on Remix - Music News, Jesse McCartney, Ludacris". People.com. Retrieved 2012-02-22.
- "Video: Jesse McCartney & Ludacris Perform on 'Ellen'". Rap-Up.com. 2009-04-17. Retrieved 2012-02-22.
- Billboard Hot 100
- Artist Chart History - Jesse McCartney
- "Australia's Official Music Charts". ARIA Charts. Archived from the original on 2008-06-12. Retrieved 2012-02-22.
- "Jesse McCartney Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Jesse McCartney Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Jesse McCartney Chart History (Pop Songs)". Billboard.
- "Jesse McCartney Chart History (Adult Pop Songs)". Billboard.
- "2009 Year-End Hot 100 songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 2013-07-03.
- "2008 Year-End Hot 100 songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 2013-07-03.