How I Got into College
|How I Got Into College|
Movie poster for How I Got Into College
|Directed by||Savage Steve Holland|
|Written by||Terrel Seltzer|
|Music by||Joseph Vitarelli|
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
|May 19, 1989|
|Box office||$1,642,239 (USA)|
How I Got Into College is a 1989 romantic comedy film directed by Savage Steve Holland, starring Anthony Edwards, Corey Parker, and Lara Flynn Boyle and produced & released by 20th Century Fox. This is the film debut of eventual voice actor Tom Kenny.
The story follows a girl named Jessica (Lara Flynn Boyle) and her attempt to get into Ramsey College, a small college in Pennsylvania, and Marlon (Corey Parker), a boy who tries to get into Ramsey to pursue Jessica, whom he is in love with.
- Corey Parker as Marlon Browne
- Lara Flynn Boyle as Jessica Kailo
- Anthony Edwards as Kip Hammett
- Finn Carter as Nina Sachie
- Charles Rocket as Leo Whitman
- Christopher Rydell as Oliver
- Brian Doyle-Murray as Coach Evans
- O-Lan Jones as Sall O'Connor
- Tichina Arnold as Vera Cook
- Bruce Wagner as "A"
- Tom Kenny as "B"
- Bill Raymond as Flutter
- Phillip Baker Hall as Dean Patterson
- Nicolas Coster as Dr. Phillip Jellinak, Sr.
- Richard Jenkins as Bill Browne
- Phil Hartman as Bennedict
- Nora Dunn as Francine Bauer
- Duane Davis as Ronny "Sure Hands" Rawlson
- Diane Franklin as Sharon Browne
- Robert Ridgely as George Kailo
- Micole Mercurio as Betty Kailo
- Bill Henderson as the Detroit High School Coach
- Richard Steven Horvitz as Young Energizer
- Curtis Armstrong as Arcadia Bible Academy Recruiter
- Taylor Negron as Mailman
- Cieply, Michael (March 11, 1988). "A Fired Woman Film Director--New Questions, Issue Continues". Los Angeles Times.
- "How I Got Into College". www.rottentomatoes.com. 1989-05-19. Retrieved 2016-04-17.
- "Swayze Flexes Box-Office Muscle". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2011-01-28.