How Long Gone
|"How Long Gone"|
|Single by Brooks & Dunn|
|from the album If You See Her|
|Released||June 24, 1998|
|Label||Arista Nashville 3128|
John Scott Sherrill
|Brooks & Dunn singles chronology|
"How Long Gone" is a song written by Shawn Camp and John Scott Sherrill and recorded by American country music duo Brooks & Dunn. It was released in June 1998 as the second single from their 1998 album If You See Her. The song reached the top of the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks (now Hot Country Songs) chart.
The music video was directed by Steven Goldmann. The video starts out with a woman running out of the house, then with the duo playing while spinning around the house with everything rotting, and clocks with their hands turning quickly. At the end, the duo fades away, and the house appears to have rotted out, and the pages on the calendar that was flipping throughout the video are all gone.
"How Long Gone" debuted at number 70 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of June 29, 1998.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||37|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||13|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 56.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 7079." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. September 28, 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "Brooks & Dunn Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1998". RPM. December 14, 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "Best of 1998: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
by Jo Dee Messina
|Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks
September 12-September 26, 1998
"Where the Green Grass Grows"
by Tim McGraw
|RPM Country Tracks
September 28, 1998
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|